Glaxy S6 Edge WiFi won't sign in
tjrowan

I am having trouble lately with Wifi not signing into Public networks. Originally it would sign in, then not load pages. Now it won't even load the sign in page. This happens mainly at the hospital I work at. No one else that I work with has this issue and neither does my Samsung Tab 2, it works fine on the hospital WiFi. I have also had this trouble in Hotels and other public WiFi areas. Any ideas would be appreciated. Using Data at work for a 12 hour shift is killing me (especially since we don't have an unlimited data option.)

0 Likes
Re: Glaxy S6 Edge WiFi won't sign in
bearone21
Legend

are you showing wi-fi available??

0 Likes
tjrowan

Yes, I show WiFi, can connect to the network, but then the sign in page won't load. And if it does load it either kicks me off immediately or just doesn't load any apps that require internet.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

to confirm, you show that wi-fi is available?

0 Likes
tjrowan

Yes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tjrowan, we want you to be able to connect to WI-FI networks wherever you go. We can look into the issues with you. The first thing we would do is to make sure your device software is up to date. Follow the link for instructions: http://vz.to/2iyzyel

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure that I can help, but maybe together we can make some sense of this... Just today, I was at our local grocery store, where I have signed in many times to their wifi and use the store app for coupons and deals.  Typically it shows wifi connected, but I still need to log on to their store network to get internet and use the store app on wifi.  I tap log in - takes me to the portal page and I connect.

Today it kept saying the connection wasn't safe, continue anyway?  I said yes, but it still wouldn't connect to the login page.  So I had wifi, but no internet, and could not access the login page to connect.  For some reason today, it didn't like the connection or portal, said it was "unsafe."  I just turned the wifi off and used the cellular for the duration of the shopping trip this time, but it was still unusual behavior, and similar to your description.

A new update (recent OS on Dec. 5 to 7.1.1, and the store app may have updated recently - I'll have to check that), or more restrictions on browsing over open networks?  Just for general info, I have a Google Pixel, 32GB, running Nougat 7.1.1.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just checked - the last store app update was December 6, 2016 - so that's not likely to factor in - I've used it a lot since then and this is the first I recall having trouble connecting to the store's wifi.

0 Likes
tjrowan

My phone has the latest update.

0 Likes
tjrowan

Well since Verizon's only help was to make sure my phone was up to date, which it was, I guess I am provider shopping now. Anyone know which is better, AT&T or Sprint?

0 Likes