Getting blocked call notification
DBS113

When I block a call, my phone no longer rings, but then I get a notification (ding!) that I have a missed call.  Well, that defeats the purpose.  While it gives me a bit of satisfaction to know they were blocked, I don't want to be bothered by even a notification.  How can I stop this (Samsung 8).  If I pay extra for Smart Family, will that stop it?  I can't find any setting on my phone to stop this annoyance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting blocked call notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing your options for blocking calls is key to blocking them the way that you want. When it comes to unwanted calls on your smartphone, you have a couple of options. It sounds like you set up a block directly through your smartphone settings. Blocking a call through your phone settings, is a soft block, where the caller can still leave a voicemail. 

Do not worry, we have a solution for you. We have a free call blocking option available through MyVerizon. The nuisance caller will not be able to connect a call to your number, or reach your voicemail to leave a message. You will not be notified that the caller tried to reach you. Here is a link to the feature details: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200867/ I hope that you find this information helpful.

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes