Gear Vr sound issues
E5Destroyer
Contributor - Level 1

SO when I had the old Gear Vr with my S7 I had this issue and now that I got my s8 and a new Gear Vr I am having the same issue:

When I am using certain audio things such as the game CELL or that BEAR VR thing the part where people are talking gets very very choppy.

When I use my Gear VR I use my Beats headphones and put phone on airplane mode.

Things I have done to try and fix the issue:

Turned off WIFI

Used the Gears built in sound

None of the above work.

0 Likes
Re: Gear Vr sound issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have already given a lot of great steps a shot, E5Destroyer. I appreciate your patience with both devices and I’m confident we will find a path to a solution. Do you notice the same audio issue if you’re accessing any audio applications without the Gear VR being connected? When you notice the sound getting choppy, do you notice the choppiness continues if you lower the volume a little? If you try to pause the experience and give it a moment to load or even restart, do you still have the audio trouble as the video continues?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
E5Destroyer
Contributor - Level 1

It only does it with Gear VR. Lowering the volume also does nothing. And pausing it does nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information, E5Destroyer.  We definitely want to get to the bottom of your audio concerns with the Gear VR.  I do have a few questions that we would like to clarify. 

The Beats headphones that you are using, are they wired or Bluetooth headphones? 

If the Beats headphones are Bluetooth, do you know what model number they are? We want to see what Bluetooth version they are running.

Is your Samsung Galaxy S8 running stock Touchwiz or do you have a 3rd party home screen launcher installed?  If so what launcher app?

Have you rooted your Samsung Galaxy S8 device? 

I do apologize for all the question that we are asking, however we do want to get to the bottom of this for you, so we ask that you answer all of those questions.

AdamB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
E5Destroyer
Contributor - Level 1

so the Beats were wired. I was just borrowing them so I do not have them anymore. I since then have tried a pair of wired MONSTER headphones with same issue.,I do not know if it is running stock touchwiz. I have not DL any 3rd party stuff like that.

I have not rooted my S8 device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for getting back to us. Let's keep digging. Does the issue occur when in Safe mode? Here's a link to try Safe Mode and retest: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211219/

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes