Gear Vr promotion seems to be a scam to get people to upgrade.
s7edge311

Gear Vr promotion seems to be a scam to get people to upgrade. I see they offering it again for fathers day. Still waiting for mine that was approved with a shipping date of 5/8/16 and i have had my new S7 since 3/11/16. Why would verizon be offering this again when there are so many problems with anyone receiving their gift?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gear Vr promotion seems to be a scam to get people to upgrade.
mama23dogs
Legend

These give always  state they are limited in supply and when they run out, they're Done. 

SInce you you still have a ship date, you may be in luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

These give always  state they are limited in supply and when they run out, they're Done. 

SInce you you still have a ship date, you may be in luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Bleck wrote:

The irony is that Verizon is running that same VR promotion again and people are still waiting for delivery from the first promotion.

This is a SAMSUNG promotion, not Verizon, same as the first one. At least lay the blame where it belongs.

Father's Day Gear VR Offer

Bleck

Well Verizon is promoting a Samsumg promotion that doesn't deliver so blame is shared by both.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Incorrect.

Simply selling a product on which the manufacturer is running a promotion does not mean they are "promoting" it. If Verizon was not informing their customers about the promotion, THEN people would be complaining they were not told about the promotion and THEN Verizon would have some blame in that.

Simply passing on info about the promotion for which Verizon has no control does not place blame on Verizon.

0 Likes
nnk_ascii
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't care who is to blame but Samsung, Verizon and PrizeLogic are all in cahoots and aren't delivering. Submitted for my Gear VR on 3/18, approved on 4/1, status still shows "preparing for shipment". Load of [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] and no one (Verizon, Samsung, etc) is giving any answers.

rcschnoor
Legend

In that case, there are a lot more other entities in cahoots with them as the following are ALSO as you put it "promoting" this offer:

AT&T

Best Buy

Costco

MetroPCS

Sams Club

Sprint

Target

T-Mobile

US Cellular

Walmart

Quite the conspiracy!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know you have been waiting for a while to get your devices. Due to this being an offer by Samsung we would have to direct you to them for additional support. What did they say when you spoke with them regarding your VR gear?

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes