Galaxy s8+ edge lighting
chrissycole87
Enthusiast - Level 2

My edge lighting is set to always on, yet it isnt lighting up at all. Anyone else having a problem? I am using it on verizon messenger+

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy s8+ edge lighting
TYLKIN13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I'm using the verizon messenger app and it doesn't work. The only apps that I can get it to work with is the samsung messenger and the samsung music apps. I called customer support and they believe it's just that these apps are not supported yet by the new software. They recommend to wait for updates for these apps and hopefully it will fix the problem. Only time will tell.

View solution in original post

TYLKIN13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue. The edge lighting does work with the standard Samsung messaging app however does not support Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram (etc). Hopefully these apps will have updates to fix this problem.

0 Likes
chrissycole87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have you tried verizon messaging plus? Thats what I am trying to use the edge lighting with. I don't use the Samsung App. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
TYLKIN13
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I'm using the verizon messenger app and it doesn't work. The only apps that I can get it to work with is the samsung messenger and the samsung music apps. I called customer support and they believe it's just that these apps are not supported yet by the new software. They recommend to wait for updates for these apps and hopefully it will fix the problem. Only time will tell.

chrissycole87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awesome! Thanks for your help!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone