Galaxy s7 texting troubles. Wifi and cellular
vmcnu
Enthusiast - Level 2

My galaxy s7 (flat) upto date as of April 24th 2018 has been having texting troubles for months. On cellular with anywhere from 2 to full bars (I tested in multiple places.) Every time I try to send a text message it fails once or twice requiring me to manually resend it. After that for the next five minute or so my texting works as normal and then it restarts the issue. It is repeatable on the stock messaging app or on textra. Also wifi texting has never worked for me, on any wifi network (public, private, etc) and I have tried airplane mode and areas with no reception.

Re: Galaxy s7 texting troubles. Wifi and cellular
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance on making sure all of your services are working properly, especially text, the number one means of communication, VMCNU. Thanks for reaching out to us here. I know you said that you tested multiple messaging apps and the issue persists. However, do you normally use a third party messaging application for texting? Before this occurred, did your phone do an update on the messaging application that you use? Have you tested to see if the issue persist while in safe mode?  

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vmcnu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I normally use Textra to text. I am not aware of any update occurring and starting the problem. I have deleted and tried the stock app and the problem persists. The same issue happens in safe mode. The problem happens for any contact, no matter their provider and phone type. The issue has been happening for 4-5 months at least. The issue seams to be getting worse. It now takes more and more manual retry attempts to get a message through. Things I have done: toggle all connections, (data, WiFi, Bluetooth, even airplane mode), and use other service such as calling or data, both seam to work just fine. The issue seams to be isolated only to sms and mms.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vmcnu, Let's get your messages working like they should. In addition to Textra, we need to get a clarification about the stock messaging application that you tested. Was this the Messages (yellow background) or Verizon Messages+ (red background)? Are you having any problems with your calls, or data connections when this happens? What zip code are you at?

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vmcnu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Verizon message+ disabled in the phone's setting's app list. I used the Samsung messaging app as the stock one i tested in safe mode and out of. My calls and data work fine! my zip code is 53123, I reside in the Milwaukee area.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vmcnu, I appreciate those additional details. We want to help find a resolution for you. Thank you for trying it in Safe Mode. Have you tried remove your Textra application, and then to send a text? 

VanetrisC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

vmcnu
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I have tried uninstalling Textra, restarting the phone and then sending messages, the failure to send persists. This is such a big problem for me I even did a full factory reset from the phone's recovery boot and wiped the cache partition as well. Upon resetting and restarting the phone I tried to send messages via the stock messaging app (yellow, Samsung messages) I have the same issue with sending messages but my calls over volte, wifi, and cellular work perfectly and my mobile data is speedy and reliable. Please help

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow, vmcnu. This definitely seems odd. Text messaging is essential. We certainly want to get this feature up and running for you. Let's try removing the sim card. Please power off your device and follow the steps in the link provided below. Then try to send a text. Let us know what happens. 

http://spr.ly/6581D5j87

DiaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

vmcnu
Enthusiast - Level 2

I removed the Sim card while the phone was powered down, booted it up, powered down and put the Sim card back in per the instructions before turning my phone back on for good. My data and calls remain in perfect order but my the majority of all texts I send fail between 1 - 5 (sometimes countless times) times instantly after sending and require me to manually select the message to resend. Same issue with the stock app in safe mode (yellow, Samsung messages) or my go to app tetra. I preformed a factory reset on my phone and have never messed with any of the settings related to network besides WiFi and Bluetooth.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have been a great partner to work with and I appreciate you taking the steps that you have. I would like to run further diagnostics on the network connection when texting. I have sent you a Direct Message and will look forward to your reply. YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes