Re: Galaxy s6 touchscreen
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Try Ssettings -> Applications and tap the "All" tab. Scroll down to where it says "Touch Input" and tap that. Then hit "Clear data." That should clear your keyboard cache.

0 Likes
big_country
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having same issue.  Seems like a software bug since it works fine sometimes.  I see the issue the most when the device is cold.  I read on another forum that toggling the volume can help it return to normal.  It seems more like a temporary fix.  All that is missing is a touch sensitivity option/setting.   

mickeyrat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont see "touch input" on that list anywhere.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mickeyrat, let's try this again for you. Please go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager > scroll over to All > Touch Input > tap on Clear cache, Force close, clear data.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JamesBennett551
Enthusiast - Level 2

Re: Galaxy S6 Touchscreen Issues?

issue occurred after recent update, if you search there are hundreds of post about the s6 touch screen

for verizon users seems to be after the last update they pushed.

nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

I would tell you to downgrade to the previous version but it's technically not supported and many users have reported serious issues after doing such. Hopefully Verizon has a fix soon.

0 Likes
JamesBennett551
Enthusiast - Level 2

at this point i would even root and custom rom but the bootloader is locked in 5.1.1

luckily i have an iphone for work until a fix is pushed out.  there are many many complaints about the touchscreen in 5.1.1 on the gs6 verizon

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah. That's unfortunate. Hence why I really like the open and unlocked phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JamesBennett551

I would be concerned too if my phones touchscreen were acting up. What exactly are you experiencing with your device? What troubleshooting have you performed so far?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes