Re: Galaxy s6 touchscreen
deloused
Master - Level 3

T4walker, wiping the phones cache partition can speed up its responsiveness, since it's been going on for a while. If you're using the stock Samsung keyboard, installing a more initiative one from the play store such as Google keyboard can also help.

Mama, to isolate if the bottom screen sensor area has a hardware problem you could check the sensors thru the test menu in case the lower ones might be less sensitive than the other ones or if some aren't working.

Wipe Cache Partition-

1) Turn off your Galaxy S6 and press the Power button, Volume up and Home button at the same time.

2) Wait until the devices vibrates once and release the power button.

3) Keep holding the Volume up and home button on your device.

4) Now you should see the Android Recovery Mode after some seconds. Navigate through the Recovery menu, using the Volume keys to scroll and the Power button to enter menus and start the “Wipe Cache Partition”.

5) After completion you can select  “Reboot system now”

Test screen sensor hardware-

1) Start your Phone app

2) Go to the Keypad screen

3) Type in: *#0* #

4) Tap on the Touch icon and the screen shifts to a grid.

5) Tap anywhere on the screen to either color in a box green or leave a dot somewhere on the screen. If areas of the screen don't color in when you tap or slide or if it takes multiple tries or if you have to press hard it would be a sensor hardware issue.

t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did the first thing, just a little better.  Tried step 2, but where is the Touch icon?

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

how did you dump your keyboard cache?

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did the first thing, just a little better.  Tried step 2, but where is the Touch icon?

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

How would the Hold and Delay setting work if the issue is only towards the bottom of my screen in the keyboard are?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Good to hear! Hmmm Do you see any options populate (other than touch) when you dial-

*#0*#   (Star, pound, zero, star, pound?

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

What keyboard are you using? Have you tried the factory Google one?

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

no I don't.  The only option is to call.

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

no I haven't.  I will try.  Thank u.

0 Likes
t4walker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm still having the issue with my phone.  The different keyboard didn't make a difference.   Any other suggestions???

0 Likes