Galaxy s5
Leah1201

I have had a Samsung galaxy s5 for over a year now and I am beyond frustrated.  The charging port on it keeps breaking.  I am having issues with my phone not charging for a second time in the past 4 months.  I have already spent $80 to have this repaired.  Now I am going to have to spend another $80 to have it repaired again.  After researching, this is apparently a very common issue with this phone.  I would gladly trade it in but when I got this phone and signed up for another 2 yrs, the rep failed to tell me about the early trade in program.  Is there anything verizon can do to make this right?  I am constantly using my phone for work emails and need to have a reliable phone that will charge and stay charged.  I cannot stomach sitting on the phone with customer service forever.  All I need to know is would verizon be willing to let me do an early trade/contract renewal So I can please once again have a reliable phone?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leah1201

I rely on my phone everyday and would be concerned too if this were happening to me. We absolutely want you to have a great working phone. What is happening to the charging port that it has now broken twice? Did you send it to Samsung for repair? When did you originally purchase the phone?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Leah1201

Thanks so much for the prompt response!  No I did not send it to samsung.  With not having a house phone I cannot be without a phone for that long with small children.  I took it to a highly rated cell phone repair shop.  They said the charge port was coming loose and had cracked.  I have been extremely gentle since the repair when plugging and unplugging my phone from the charger.  And honestly with the holidays around the corner, I cannot afford to pay another $80 just for this to happen again.  I have been a verison customer for as long as I can remember snd have always been satisfied with you company.  I am really hoping that you ca  help me out.  Especially since I was not informed of the trade in deal at the time of purchase.  Thank you again for your prompt reponse and assistance!

0 Likes
Leah1201

I originally purchased the phone in august 2014 also.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leah1201

I appreciate the information you have provided us. We definitely want to pursue all options here. Since you took the phone to a 3rd party repairer, did they offer any guarantee for the work that was performed? Are you paying for the Verizon insurance?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes