Galaxy s5
tinner72
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung has the s7 coming out and I'm still on my s5. Not sure if I should go for an unbranded galaxy s7 or just leave verizon. I am sick of nothe getting updates and not being able to root and get updates thru other places.. I switched 3 years ago from sprint because I thought Verizon was better.. I'm starting to think I'm wrong.. they sure don't waste time when your a day late on your payment but can't do what they are suppose to.. if Verizon can't get there updates out then maybe they need to stop with the bloatware..  it's getting rediculous that you can't even get information.. left hand don't know what the right is doing.. maybe if all the people like me leave they will change.. I know I'm thinking a change is in order

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s5
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe you should consider a Nexus phone instead?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tinner72
Enthusiast - Level 3

I shouldn't need a nexus phone when Samsung got the update to Verizon months ago, over half a year ago.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, they didn't. If it was finished by Samsung and through the certification from the FCC, manufacturers of the hardware and Verizon Wireless, then it would be released to the phones. The updates don't get to Verizon Wireless for final testing until all the coding updates as written by Samsung and the regulatory certification is completed. It takes at most a couple of weeks to get through the carrier testing. If it failed, it went back to the OEMs to start over again.

Which phones have the latest version of the OS, the security updates, the least amount of bloatware and is unlocked and unbranded to work on all the carriers? Oh yeah, not Samsung phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes