Galaxy s5 wont make or receive calls
Dbyrnes12

As of yesterday, my galaxy s5 wont dial out and when someone tries to call me, it does not appear on my phone. I can send text messages and use my data still but the calls won't work. I have damaged my phone in any way. Please help.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s5 wont make or receive calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Dbynes,
I am sorry to hear that you cannot make or receive calls. We can definitely help you get your service working.  Are you getting any error messages? May I have your zip code? Are you the only VZW customer having this issue?  

MarcusG_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jennilynnjac
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue since Friday. Phone will not call out or receive calls goes straight to voicemail.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jennilynnjac,

Thanks for visiting our community member forums. Sorry to hear about the service not working the way it should. Let's get to the bottom of this. What ZIP code are you in and when did this begin? Have you tried powering off for a couple minutes and back on?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Melarsonpo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same exact problems, I've removed Sim card memory card and battery. Reset the settings and the battery is drainin way faster than usual along with it being warm.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Melarsonpo

I definitely want to make sure you've got the working device you need! Thank you so much for your efforts. Let's get to the bottom of this together. When did this start happening for you exactly? Does this happen everywhere and all the time?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Melarsonpo
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started about 4 days ago. I've taken my battery out, restarted it, taken the sim card out, reset my settings and there have been no changes. I cannot ever make phone calls or can I recieve them. Also my Bluetooth isn't working but I can get on my WiFi and wen WiFi isn5 available I can thru 4g wireless. I can also stI'll send text.

DonavonDonavon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue , I have done everything from fast boot to factory reset and then new sim card , booted up in emergency mode , won't even dial 911 will yours

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Has anyone try going into recovery mode Volume up-Power-Home? Try clearing the cache partition first and if that does not work backup the phone with smart switch then do the factory reset. I know that this is not the most popular thing to do but sometimes it is the only option left.

0 Likes