Galaxy s5 update 5.1
tinner72
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all I would like to know when the galaxy s5 5.1 update is coming.? Secondly I would like to know if my s5 is paid off will verizon unlock the bootloader so that I can download an updated ROM that other developers have created that fix the vulnerabilities of the phone? Since Verizon doesn't want us using other roms, they should  get their updates out in a timely manner. If Verizon will not unlock the bootloader, then I may need to look to other options when I decide to upgrade my phone and / or carrier. Verizon sure seems to want to know when I'm going to pay my bill for their services, isn't it only right that they can let us know when the update will be available? Other companies have got it out. Are they better than Verizon?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy s5 update 5.1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to keep you in the loop with information being released, tinner72. I understand software update can be exciting, as I too would love if it was available for my phone. I do apologize as this information has not been released yet. Find the latest software updates for your device below http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ .
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tinner72
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well i guess we know why no update. They have been busy giving the new s6 a wifi calling update.  Its rediculous they cant give the s5 a needed update before giving others extra updates

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to keep you in the loop with information being released, tinner72. I understand software update can be exciting, as I too would love if it was available for my phone. I do apologize as this information has not been released yet. Find the latest software updates for your device below http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ .
JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

probably won't see it, 6.0 should be coming out in april or so.

0 Likes
tinner72
Enthusiast - Level 3

If its suppose to be out in april then verizon will have it out by October. We have been waiting over  6 months for 5.1

0 Likes
xofco
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Customer Service Support,

It's not that it's "exciting" to get a new update.  It's that all of our s5's have not worked properly since the lollipop 5.0 update. They worked awesome before that update & we would just like our phones to work like they are supposed to.  Obviously, there must not be a working fix.  How no one there has any info as to what is going on with the update is very poor on Verizon's part. Someone there has to know something.  The generic replies are getting old.

Wehr

I don't know what you mean that the all the s5 haven't worked properly on android 5. 0.  I haven't noticed any real problems.

0 Likes