Galaxy s4 Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and immediately reconnecting.
negatron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my Galaxy S4 (still on 4.3 thanks to verizon) back in January, and it has been perfectly functional on my network since then until 2 days ago. my wifi is continually disconnecting and immediately reconnecting, which refreshes webpages and makes using any app requiring internet completely impossible. I use my phone mainly for web browsing and apps (I don't get phone service in my house) so this has essentially rendered my s4 pretty much a paperweight. my phone maintains a consistent, strong connection to the router, but only drops/reconnects when I am using something that requires internet. It disconnects and reconnects within 1 second of dropping.

So far I have attempted;

turning off auto network switch (I did this about 2 months ago)

rebooting my phone

booting my phone with the Vol.Up + Power + menu to wipe cache

switching in/out of airplane mode

rebooting modem/router

power cycling network

changing router channel (my network is the only one within a mile so there isn't much in terms of interference)

changing router password/security type

resetting phone to factory defaults (ouch.)

and multiple combinations of these along with scouring google for any leads.

So far, absolutely nothing has worked.

Please, if anyone can offer any help in terms of fixing this issue, it would be massively appreciated. I am at a complete loss and it's making me want to pull my hair out.

Re: Galaxy s4 Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and immediately reconnecting.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello negatron. Having a WiFi connection that just drops and reconnects can get very annoying, so let's see what we can do to help your phone maintain a steadier connection. Outside of everything that you have done, the other recommendation would be to attempt changing the broadcast type. If you have a router that sends out a mixed B,G,N network, try changing it so it only sends out in N mode, or B & G only. This may help your phone maintain a steadier connection to your home network. Also, make sure that your router's firmware is also up to date as well!

Let us know if this helps out, Negatron!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport