Galaxy s3 stuck in roaming....no data away from wi-fi
troytully

I have a brand new s3 and new micro sim from verizon, phone stays in voice roaming and no data signal away from wi-fi...Ive been through the settings and everything appears normal...ANY IDEAS ??

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s3 stuck in roaming....no data away from wi-fi
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm assuming you have mobile data turned on when you're away from wi-fi?  You might try turning off the phone, removing the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a few minutes, then re-insert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and allow a few minutes for the phone to re-establish a fresh network connection.  If that doesn't work, you may need a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store or you can order one from Customer Service.

0 Likes
troytully

Thanks...I've done everything you have listed, except for changing out sim card..I will try that tomorrow...thanks for response !

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the mobile network mode in CDMA/LTE mode and not global mode?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
troytully

Yep, I've taken it to 2 different Verizon stores look at it...changed out sim card. Pretty sure its the phone, trying to get a hold of seller now to swap out phone.

0 Likes