Re: Galaxy SIII (3) 4.4 Update
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

Looks like Sprint is sending out the 4.4.2 update today. Verizon should be about a month away with how they do updates.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

What and where are the "unnecessary" optimizers? Which one's are unnecesary?   I think there was a list floating around on one of the posts about fixing the 4.3 update debacle and I may have already gotten rid of some, just checking to make sure if you can tell me please?

0 Likes
JoeKiv
Contributor - Level 1

I would wait until the Kiit Kat update gets pushed. Won't be much longer and why do it now when you will have to do it again after the update.

0 Likes
walrus1
Enthusiast - Level 1

One guy on another site is claiming to have gotten it. That doesn't appear to be the case however. Hopefully we get it by the end of the month or early next.

0 Likes
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

The Galaxy Note 2 just got 4.4 so I would expect the S3 to get 4.4 within the month.

0 Likes
stratamarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just went to Settings on my phone and checked for system update.

KitKat 4.4.2 is here.

I may wait until this evening to download and install.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

Yep, It's here in Metro Detroit. I downloaded it and d so far so good.  Only glitch I see right off the bat is that it keeps asking to sign into gmail account and into gallery for Picasso in the notification bar.  I DO NOT want to upload or in any way use Picasso. I hit cancel but it comes back.  Lemme know what you all find out about that.

0 Likes
MySIII
Contributor - Level 2

The request screen shows the icon I used for the Google account alongside the Gallery icon & reads:

"Gallery would like to:

Picasa Web Albums"

With the following disclaimer just above the Cancel/OK button:

"By continuing, you allow this app and Google to use your information in accordance with their respective terms of service and privacy policies."

Ok, I found the issue...

Here is the fix.

Settings > Accounts > Google > You@gmail dot com > uncheck Sync Picasa Web Albums

0 Likes