Galaxy SIII (3) 4.4 Update
UAVPilot1
Contributor - Level 1

I have seen sources on the net stating that the SIII is to receive the 4.4 update and to expect it soon. There are even reports that it has begun to roll out overseas and is expected to land in the US soon. Again, this may not be for the SIII but none the less, interesting that it took so long for the SIII to receive any type of update and for it to receive another shortly there after. If anyone has any sources, please post links.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy SIII (3) 4.4 Update
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/02/18/samsung-confirms-list-of-phones-and-tablets-to-receive-kit-kat-...

Samsung just announced their list of phones that will get 4.4. The S3 is on it. Now we just wait for Verizon to work with them and release it. Here's to hoping it comes to us in March.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

UAVPilot1 wrote:

I have seen sources on the net stating that the SIII is to receive the 4.4 update and to expect it soon. There are even reports that it has begun to roll out overseas and is expected to land in the US soon. Again, this may not be for the SIII but none the less, interesting that it took so long for the SIII to receive any type of update and for it to receive another shortly there after. If anyone has any sources, please post links.

I have seen some tech blogs mention Android 4.4 for the international Galaxy S4 is getting close to being released.  Nothing beyond that.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
stratamarr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just found this story here regarding Kitkat...source is an unnamed Samsung engineer.

http://www.talkandroid.com/193142-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-and-note-ii-rumored-to-receive-android-4-4-2-...

aka-neo
Contributor - Level 1

I certainly hope so since 4.3 was a train wreck. End of March?? Not so good unless there is fix rolled out in between.

krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/02/18/samsung-confirms-list-of-phones-and-tablets-to-receive-kit-kat-...

Samsung just announced their list of phones that will get 4.4. The S3 is on it. Now we just wait for Verizon to work with them and release it. Here's to hoping it comes to us in March.

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Like the 4.3 update, 4.4 (if it happens at all) will come unannounced.

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

I've found that uninstalling a lot of unused apps and unnecessary optimizers has restored the original life to my Galaxy S III since its update from 4.1.2 to 4.3 in mid-December of 2013. The much publicized problems that surfaced with the 4.3 update have, for me at least, settled down or disappeared altogether. So much so, that I'm not losing any sleep over when or if my S III gets another update. I even found a KitKat wallpaper (on Google Play Store) that works well with my Nova Launcher and Nova Dock giving the attractive minimalistic look of KitKat without waiting for the elusive 4.4 update. If the update comes or doesn't come, I'm satisfied with what I now have. I don't believe in fixing what isn't broken.

lk149
Enthusiast - Level 3

So who wants to take a guess as to when we're getting KitKat?  I'm not getting my hopes up or anything, but I would like to see if this update brings us Knox since we got screwed out of it the last time.

0 Likes
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

The S4 got 4.4 last week and now it looks like the Note 2 is starting to roll out internationally. I would expect Samsung to release the S3 update in late May or June.

0 Likes