Galaxy S8 - mms stopped working after 1/22/19 update
plshelp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am using the stock text messaging app.  Was able to send/receive MMS messages yesterday.  Last night, applied the update from Verizon, today I am unable to send or receive any MMS messages (no pictures, no group texts...)  I have made no changes to the phone other that apply the update.  I have tried many troubleshooting ideas found on this site to no avail (soft reboot, try a different app, reset the network...)  Really frustrating when you are forced to do an update and it breaks a basic function.  Please help

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S8 - mms stopped working after 1/22/19 update
plshelp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just noticed that i cannot access the internet either.  Mobile data is turned on.  again, all i did was apply the update last night

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Is the phone showing an LTE network indicator?

plshelp
Enthusiast - Level 3

is shows 4g

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

That’s odd, usually resetting the network settings will correct that. Which network mode setting is on?:

Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ - Network Mode Settings | Verizon Wireless

plshelp
Enthusiast - Level 3

The network mode is set to global.  I did a network reset.  I have rebooted in safe mode.  I have not done a factory reset, but really do NOT want to do that one!  I appreciate your helping!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

plshelp,

We understand how important it is to be able to connect to the internet and use all of your messaging features. We're sorry to learn of the trouble you're having since the update. You've done a lot of troubleshooting so far, but we don't want to jump to the factory reset just yet. Are you having any trouble making/receiving calls or using regular text messages on your phone? While the phone was in Safe Mode, were you able to access the internet or use MMS messaging? Just to be sure we're trying everything, please remove and reinsert your SIM card using the steps shown on this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211253/.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SallyT02169
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same issue. I have not been able to receive group text messages in a timely manner since the 1/22 update.

Galaxy S8

My Network preference is set to Global

I have problems with group texts coming from iphone users and android users alike.

I have problems with group texts coming from verizon users and other providers alike.

I have restarted. Rebooted. Started in safe mode. I have not done a factory reset - full disclosure, I would prefer to switch providers and retain my data rather than losing everthing to a factory reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SallyT02169,

You are an important part of our family and we would be devastated to see you go. I rely on my messages every day and would be concerned too if I were having any problems. Are you only having trouble in receiving messages? How long does it take to receive a text? Is this only when it's a group message?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes