Re: Galaxy S8 having trouble sending / receiving texts after android Pie update.
BeerPimp

I did not get a chance to do a factory reset yet.   I need to back up all my apps.   What is your thought on the issue I posted about above.   Where when I run the Verizon Wireless Upgrade Assistant I got the following error. "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware."

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S8 having trouble sending / receiving texts after android Pie update.
BeerPimp

I have tested this several times now.   If I try to send a text message and it does not send.   I can turn off wifi and it will send immediately. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you are having issues with your text messages. This is definitely not the experience that we want for you to have, and we will be glad to help you get this corrected. For how long has this been going on? Have you tried to restart your device to see if the issue continues? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
BeerPimp

Hello this has been going on for 3-4 months.   I have restarted my phone several times.   I tried to run the Verizon Wireless Upgrade Assistant I got the following error. "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware."  I feel like my only option is to do a factory reset.  One of the other two friends with the same issue has seemed to resolved itself on his phone.   The other uses a text program that can send via wifi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeerPimp, we regret to learn that you're still experiencing the messaging issue on your S8 device. We want to ensure this gets resolved for you. With the fact that your device is not able to perform the repair via our Software Upgrade Assistant and the ongoing issues with texts not being sent or received, we would recommend the Factory Data Reset (FDR) at this time (ensuring you've backed up your phone content first). When ready, you can complete a FDR via the following steps:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211113/. Please keep us posted with your results. 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
mnmguler

I am also having the same issues. I am the administrative assistant for our school districts Superintendent and do a lot of work via texts. This is really effecting my ability to do my job 😞 I have done everything you told the previous person to do and still having issues 😞 Do I need to purchase a whole new phone? Was anyone able to get help? I worked with a nice lady on chat at the beginning of the week and she thought she had fixed it, but it went right back to the problem after 30 min 😞 

0 Likes
BeerPimp

Have you tried doing a factory reset?   I have been putting that off but I think I will try it this weekend.   I am still having issues and it seems to be with 1 tower only which is by my work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry that you are still experiencing service issues during this process. With regard to the device have you tried completing the Software Upgrade Assistant or completing the Factory Data Reset?  JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it. Just make sure you have your information backed up prior to doing the factory reset. Let us know how that works out for you?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
BeerPimp

So I backed up everything on Monday and connected my phone and was able use the Software Repair Assistant to do a reset of my phone.   This still did not fix the problem.   I tried setting up a new wireless router at work to see if that helped.   When I did at first I thought maybe it was helping but it did not.   Most of the time I am unable to send texts unless I turn off wifi.   Also sometimes I won't receive texts all day then when I leave an finally get far enough away from work it get all the days messages.  I am assuming it has to do with moving off the tower that I use at work and to another tower then the texts finally come to my phone.  At this point I am assuming the only fix is to upgrade to a new phone.  It's annoying because 2 of my coworkers had the same issue but eventually through regular updates their phone.  They both have galaxy s8's also.   The other people at my work that have other galaxy phones and verizon were never affected.

0 Likes