Re: Galaxy S8 having trouble sending / receiving texts after android Pie update.
BeerPimp

Hello,

Yes I have had issues making calls out before both wifi and regular.   This afternoon everything seems a lot better.   I can make/receive calls and send/receive texts.  My location is Lincoln, NE 68521 and the closest cross street is NW 12th and Kingbird Rd.  I am assuming the tower I connect to is on W Bond street.  

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S8 having trouble sending / receiving texts after android Pie update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeerPimp, thanks for checking back in with us over these texting issues. We want to focus on the right steps here and rather have you avoid a Factory Reset if we can help it. Since the network isn't the root cause here, let's perform a Software Repair on your Samsung Galaxy S8. Our Software Repair Assistant will strip away the Android Pie version your phone has and load up a new copy clearing anything that might be corrupt in the Operating System.

Please use the link attached to run our Software Repair Assistance via a computer. You can choose the option to keep your content so you're not fully erasing your phone. Keep us posted on any changes. http://spr.ly/6604EvI7w

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
BeerPimp

Sorry it took so long to reply.   I kept putting it off because I wanted to back up my phone first.   I got it installed on my Windows 7 PC and once I get the phone connected and the Upgrade Assistant running I get the following error. "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware."

glaxy s9 update msg.JPG

0 Likes
BeerPimp

I was having trouble with my windows 8 laptop but I was able to get the Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant installed and got the same error on it also.

0 Likes
BeerPimp

Since I am getting this error with the Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant does that mean I have to do a factory reset?

0 Likes
BeerPimp

I am still having this issue.   Does anyone have any other ideas past doing a phone reset that would fix this?   Also when my friend sends texts from Sprint I never get them.  I can get MMS but never get any SMS from him.  I double checked to make sure I didn't actually put him on a blacklist.

0 Likes
BeerPimp

I am close to NW 12th and Kingbird in Lincoln, NE.  I think the tower is on West Bond.  I can make phone call when I am not on wifi so it does not use wifi calling.   Most of the time I cannot receive cars at work. They have looked at the tower before.   I have two coworkers on Verizon one with a Galaxy S9 and one with a Galaxy S7 who both don't have any issues.   My other 2 coworkers have S8's and Verizon and are having the same issue I am.   It is worse inside my work but some days I cannot send a Text out even when I am outside facing the tower.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have the ability to send/ receive text messages. I apologize you've been having some issues with this. I see you mentioned you're unable to send your friend a regular text message. Have you checked to see if it's something on his end causing the issue? What text messaging application are you using ( Verizon Messages +, default or third party application)? ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
BeerPimp

I have trouble sending text messages when I am at work.  Most of the times I recieve messages no problem. It seems to be an issue with the tower that I am on while at work.  Sometimes I can't send messages when I am in the building but if I go outside it will send.   Then there are sometimes where I have to wait to send messages when I get away from work I am assuming once I get on another tower.  When this happens often times I don't get messages at that time also.   Also most of the time at work I don't receive calls and in order to make calls have to turn off wifi because I cannot makes calls using wifi.   This all started after the Android 9 update.   I had never had reception issues in my work building.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important that we get to the cause of the text issue, BeerPimp. You are in the best place for tips and tricks. Awhile back, we discussed doing a factory data reset. Were any of you with the S8 models able to complete that step? What were the results?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes