Galaxy S8 having trouble sending / receiving texts after android Pie update.
BeerPimp

Ever since the Android Pie update my phone is having trouble sending and receiving texts at my workplace.   I am using the Pulse SMS app but this has happened on the default messaging app also.   It only happens at work so I think it might be related to the tower I am on.   It is also intermittent some days I have no issues some days I do.   My two coworkers are having the same issue.  Once their phone updated to Android 9 Pie they started having issues with texts.   Even trying messaging plus through wifi it took some time for a text to go out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S8 having trouble sending / receiving texts after android Pie update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A software update should always improve your device and not the other way around! Let's work together to find out more about this issue, and in doing so, we'd like to ask some questions. Is this problem happening indoors or outdoors? Have you tried uninstalling the Pulse SMS app completely and test the stock application only?

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S8 having trouble sending / receiving texts after android Pie update.
BeerPimp

Sorry for the late reply.   I actually called text support because this has gotten so annoying.   I have uninstalled the pulse app and that still didn't help.   To expand on this issue.   I have 2 other coworkers with galaxy s8's and they also started having issues sending texts after the Pie update.   However, I also have 2 other coworkers that have a S9 and S7 and they have zero issues sending text messages inside.

The last couple days I can never get a text message to send inside.   I can go outside but even that takes a while to send.   Last week I was not even able to send a text outside.  The last couple days I have been receiving texts inside ok also which seems weird.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We regret to learn that you still have problems with text messages. Based on this information, we would like you to review how much free memory you have on your device. Please follow the steps in the following link: http://spr.ly/6603EsWy1
We also suggest you to delete cookies and cache by following the steps below:

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
BeerPimp

I got a text saying the review of my reported service issue is complete.   It basically said the network is performing ok.  I checked my data and I have 12.8GB free.  Also cleared all the cache on the message apps.  I also cleared the cached data.    I restarted the phone.   We will see if this helps.

0 Likes
BeerPimp

I will add today I was having issues sending texts out this morning but not receiving them.   I walked out side to send a couple texts because they would not send.   After I got inside from sending texts which were slow even outside about 5-10 minutes later I was able to send a text inside.   But this afternoon they would instantly fail inside.   I had to go out the back of the building because out of the side door I could not send texts.

0 Likes
BeerPimp

After rebooting it still not sending texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeerPimp,

hanks very much for completing those troubleshooting steps, it's appreciated. I also want to thank you for all the detailed information you have provided. Please allow me to explain that it's true that software updates do improve your device's performance. However, in many cases, glitches do become apparent. Sometimes, the steps you have taken already do resolve issues that pop up after a software update. However, if they don't resolve it, a factory data reset does the trick. Since you mentioned you have co-workers who have the same model, I would recommend that only one of you try it, so you can compare. Here are the steps you need: http://spr.ly/6605Et5RF 

Thank you, 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
BeerPimp

I think I am going to back up everything and try doing a factory reset this weekend.   I don't really want to but it is very annoying not being able send text messages.   Also I am not receiving phone calls too.   And if I am having trouble receiving text messages that means I don't get voicemails until I leave work.   My coworker missed a sercive call time slot appointment for his garage door because he was not getting calls or voicemails.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BeerPimp, 

I am so sorry to hear that you are also not receiving calls! Before trying the reset, let's do some troubleshooting to see if the issue can be corrected. Are you able to make calls out? What is your city, state, and closest intersection, so we can check your coverage and alerts. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes