Re: Galaxy S8- WIFI calling randomly turning off
jimz06
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have been experiencing this problem since the recent update on my S8+ and my wife's S8. It is particularly galling since we rely on Wi-Fi calling at home because of poor coverage at our home. I have been receiving what seem to be random notifications to activate W-Fi calling apparently after it randomly deactivates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about the issues you've been having since the update. We know how important it is to stay connected at indoors at home. It appears that others have been having similar issues as well since the update. How often has this happening for you? Also, I'm curious have you attempted to reach out to Samsung to provide feedback about the update? That might be the next best option. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/#contact_us_for_support 

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICYAT69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I reached out to Samsung and they said any issues with wifi calling

was a carrier issue and wouldn't provide any troubleshooting.

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018, 7:02 PM vzw_customer_support <

MICYAT69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also it happens constantly, all day.

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018, 7:02 PM vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, MICYAT69! We're not giving up. We want to resolve this, so you can enjoy WiFi calling once again. Please follow the instructions at the link below to complete the software repair for Samsung devices. This may correct any issues you originally had with the update, and allow WiFi calling to begin working again. http://spr.ly/6581Do2OJ;

Michelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GKB1688
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, the link doesn't work. It says the page is not found.

Also, please allow me to share my most recent "troubleshooting" /experience regarding this.  I am ready just to give up on VZ and move to a different carrier.  The paranoid feeling of not being able be reached 9 hours a day while I'm at work is nerve-wracking and I have been losing sleep over this because of this problem.

After multiple unsuccessful contacts with VZ, I was referred to Samsung in hope to get the problem resolved. Eventually, after my 3rd phone call to Samsung, I was sent to an authorized company by Samsung which fixes all cell phones, tablets, and it was located an hour drive from my house.  After waiting there for 2+ hours, as Samsung instructed me to have the company to "software reflash" my phone, which wiped out my phone entirely and I needed to set up my phone from scratch, as a brand new phone. After hours of traveling, reset and restore, I'm back at work today and just to find out that my phone is as if it was never "software reflashed".  I still keep getting the "no wifi calling" notification every few seconds, and I still do not have any way to get connected to wifi calling.  Then got on the phone with Samsung, spent another 45+ mins on the phone, have my phone once again, "factory reset", still, no wifi calling.  I am now at work, while my kids are at the summer camp, and I need to call my voicemail every few minutes just to make sure no one tries to call/leave me any messages.  Is this why I pay $235 a month for 3 phone lines which have no wifi calling? Verizon Wireless, I am here to beg you, please please please help us.  Samsung has told me multiple times that they have nothing to do with wifi calling issues, it's the phone carrier's responsibility.  Please, phones are for communication purposes, and the most important purpose is for our family to get in touch with us when we're needed. Something needs to be done and done soon. Thank you!

0 Likes
GKB1688
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi MICYAT69,

Just curious, have you tried the Software Repair Assistant yet? I've wiped out my phone so many times, I'm so tired of restoring my phone. So, I just want to see if you have tried and whether it works for you before I try it. Thank you so much!

0 Likes
MICYAT69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have the same issue. Samsung just turns me away as soon as I say

it's a wifi calling issue. Verizon software engineers need to address this

bug and stop with the troubleshooting tips that do not fix the problems. I

have performed every troubleshooting as requested by Verizon techs. None

worked, and yet they keep making the same recommendations over and over.

MICYAT69
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have, multiple times. Nothing worked. They need to address an obvious

bug in the software.

GKB1688
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you MICYAT69 .

Shamefully speaking, today was my 4th day broke down crying at work.  I'm so exhausted for repeatedly trying everything and be on the phone multiple times between VZ and Samsung, and still, I still have to keep calling my voicemail throughout the day just to be sure no one, especially my kids and their school did not call me. This is getting ridiculous.  Verizon, please tell us what it takes from us to let you know what a impact this is on our lives so something can be done and put our lives back to normal?

0 Likes