Galaxy S7 will not activate. Cycling through "activating your phone, do not turn off." Help please.
RocknRoll0000
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received my pre-ordered Galaxy S7 about 3 hours ago and powered it on.

It asked for the last 4 digits of the SSN of the primary account holder and then I pressed next. It said "activating" and after about 10 minutes it stated, this is taking longer than usual, do you want to connect to a wireless network?

I did and set up my phone's email.

I called Verizon support and they confirmed the MEID number as well as the sim card #. I was told to wait. I have waited and after about 10 minutes of powering my phone on it says that activation in incomplate and will attempt to activate once the phone is restarted.

I have restarted the phone 6 times now and it is still not activating.

What to do?

Re: Galaxy S7 will not activate. Cycling through "activating your phone, do not turn off." Help please.
caryS4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call the number on your receipt. It's just the general Verizon number. It will take you to a voice menu option. Just say "Activate Phone" - which is option 1 I believe. Once you confirm you received the phone - it will process your activation. Turn your phone off/on again and it should activate now.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 will not activate. Cycling through "activating your phone, do not turn off." Help please.
NRob71
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem with an S7 Edge. Tried calling the number as suggested, but my old phone is deactivated, and the new one is not yet activated. Neither will make a call. Like the activation is stuck in between.

0 Likes
mbrkic123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue, except I bought my phone in a Verizon store. Not sure what else to do, and getting frustrated.

0 Likes
vorianatreides
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I am having the same problem and just finished chatting with them at Verizon and the tech said the because it's such a new phone it is apprently  longer for the phone to activate he said it could take 30 minutes for the phone on it's own.

0 Likes
NRob71
Enthusiast - Level 2

After going through various troubleshooting with CS, it was determined I had a bad SIM chip. Went by Verizon store yesterday evening, got a new chip - solved the problem immediately.

0 Likes
Leahx1127
Enthusiast - Level 3

well that's BS, no phone should take that long to provision. There are several reason a phone could take long to activate: stuck in the switch, customer did not accept terms and conditions, bad sim, pending account order to name a few. But never because the phone is "too new."

0 Likes