Galaxy S7 releasing storage data randomly when unlocked
SUEGABESQ

Hi.

So about a week ago when I unlock my S7 Edge a garbage can icon randomly appears for 4-5 seconds and clears a small amount of storage from my device. Its unusable when its clearing the data. I don't know if this is being caused by an app (I don't have any storage related applications and barely any on my phone in general). Not sure if this is something i can switch off in the settings or if its a permanent thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 releasing storage data randomly when unlocked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are you certain the device is not shedding old text messages? Do you have any storage left on the phone?

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SUEGABESQ

Not sure how I would know if its due to shredding old texts. I have over 9 gb of storage left which is why im confused as to what this is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking this time to troubleshoot as we want to make sure your content is safe and sound. Is the trash can a large yellow icon with a number below it right in the center of your screen? 

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SUEGABESQ

That's correct. Just now I got a candy crush advertisement after. Just be coming from some sort of Android base app.

0 Likes
SUEGABESQ

So do you have any idea what app or setting could be causing the yellow trash can to appear?

0 Likes