Galaxy S7 notification issue
DIYDSQ2

Just got the S& yesterday and it appears to be a lemon. I did a factory reset and I still don't get notifications (sound or visual) when I get a text or  email. Is there a way to fix this or just send it back?

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 notification issue
bearone21
Legend

after you do the reset do do have to select notifications again.

0 Likes
DIYDSQ2

all sounds are up and loud.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Go to settings, applications, application manager, scroll down to the messages and email app and make sure notifications are turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting notification as soon as they come through is important and we can help, DIYDSQ2. What e-mail service and message application are you using specifically? Are you having any issues with hearing a call coming through or media? We are looking forward to hearing back and further assisting.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

MAKE SURE LED NOTIFICATIONS ARE ENABLED ANDDDDDDDDDDDD  MAKE SURE TEXT AND EMAIL APP SETTINGS IN EACH APP IS NOTIFIED SET ALSO;

0 Likes
DIYDSQ2

I am using gmail and using the messenger app that came with phone. the yellow icon not the red icon. I did another factory resent and I started to get notifications. I just updated to the OTA the other day. and today I stopped getting notifications again. I am tired of factory resetting a $600+ phone.

I can hear media and phone calls fine.

I do not see LED flashing when I get text or email nor do I get the preview message. All of those options are selected on. I have volume up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DIYDSQ2,

Oh my! This certainly has to be frustrating. I appreciate all the troubleshooting & doing the factory data reset. Let’s look into this further for you. I’m going to send you a Private Message. Please only respond back to me in the Private Message to continue. Thanks!

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To have factory reset it as many times as you have must be a nusance, DIYDSQ2. The only other possibility besides as you  stated of having a lemon is bluetooth. Do you use any bluetooth speakers? If so, try turning bluetooth off to see if the sound comes back.  Otherwise we recommend returning this to the Point of Sale.

DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes