Galaxy S7 + Whitepages
TeK9Samurai
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the big thing with the Galaxy S7 was that Samsung incorporated Whitepages into the dialer.

If an unknown number called you, it would show you who. If you searched your contacts with certain phrases such as pizza, restaurant, etc.  it would show you locations close to your house.

So my question is why did Verizon have to remove it and what will it take to bring it back?

There is no reason to pay Verizon for an ID program when they are readily available and built into the phone until Verizon removes it.

Re: Galaxy S7 + Whitepages
dsmendiola

This is one of the main reason i bought the S7, disappointed its not available.

0 Likes
TeK9Samurai
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well if we get enough complaints to Verizon hopefully they listen.

0 Likes
benigndarkness
Enthusiast - Level 2

This really upsets me.  This was a big selling point for me.  Verizon stop taking things out of the phones!

Tidbits
Legend

Did you guys try and using the search box? Or you looking for the caller ID option which is different than white pages.

TeK9Samurai
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Caller ID program that is bundled into the phone is a paid for program by Verizon.

We are talking about Whitepages which was a joint collaboration between Samsung and Whitepages. It was built into the dialer but then removed by Verizon.

jrh0828
Contributor - Level 1

You have to pay for the VZW caller ID.  There is a free app called Whitepages ID.

jrh0828
Contributor - Level 1

You have to pay for the VZW caller ID.  There is a free one called Whitepages ID.

TeK9Samurai
Enthusiast - Level 2

Neither of those are what we want.

We want the built in program returned.

No reason to download or pay for a program that Samsung had built into the phone.

Tidbits
Legend

Are you wiling to pay for it?  It is an optional feature which Samsung charges for it.  Carriers often not pick these options up.  Samsung could have made it a standard feature and not charge for it and it would have been there.  Verizon or any carrier for that matter can't remove what a manufacturer calls a standard feature(which they also don't charge for). See Verizon vs. Blackberry Bluetooth for example.