Galaxy S7 Upgrade Promotion - Unfair and Lacking of Information/Fradulent Marketing
manan

If you’re already with Verizon, you can receive up to $300 when you trade in your previous smartphone and upgrade or add a line for the Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge†.

† New device payment activation req’d. Trade-in must be in good working condition. Trade in for account credit or VZW gift card. Trade-in values: $100 (any smartphone); $200 (iPhone 5s, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Motorola Droid Turbo or Turbo 2); $300 (iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 or LG V10).

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2016/030/a-new-samsung-every-year-get-one-with-verizons-...

I upgraded my phone based on your note aabove. I was told by the Verizon store where I upgraded my phone that I should get a text message about trading my phone, but I never received the text message. Then I contact Verizon Wireless through the online chat function. The customer support person stated this in the chat:

[Removal required by theVerizon Wireless Terms of Service]

I do not understand how a promotion that was written by you on 3/14/16 would expire by 3/17/16 (*with only 3 days), nor do I understand why if the phone needed to be activated by a certain date, it would not be noted in your promotional note on Verizon’s website. None if this information was relayed to me or provided in your promotional note. This seems like fraudulent marketing. Please advise, since I do not know what to do next!

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 Upgrade Promotion - Unfair and Lacking of Information/Fradulent Marketing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always dedicated to offering you clear and accurate information, manan. I regret any inconvenience this has caused. When exactly was the Samsung Galaxy S7 ordered? What type of phone were you looking to trade in?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 Upgrade Promotion - Unfair and Lacking of Information/Fradulent Marketing
bearone21
Legend

what is it you don't understand, you made the purchase outside the window of the promotion!!!

0 Likes
c_heidecker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel your pain.  I was aware of this same promotion in mid March and knew it expired.  BUT I called into Verizon Sales on March 31 and was told the deal was extended through March 31.  SO I went and bought my S7 Edge that day so I could get the trade in on my S6.  When I tried to follow-up with the sales rep after purchasing my phone, he stopped answering me.  Now when I call in no one will help and they tell me there was no such deal. Lies.

0 Likes
manan

Executive Support contacted me and I working with them to clear this up.

0 Likes
manan

What i dont understand is the window of the promotion and the important details of this promotion were not clearly stated.

0 Likes
c_heidecker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good luck.  No one seems to want to help me. I've called in several times.

0 Likes