Galaxy S7 - Ringtone randomly changes to Silent
MYSCHAI

My Galaxy S7 randomly began switching my Ringtone to Silent after the last update. I have missed a lot of phone calls because of this!  My phone is not on Do Not Disturb.  I have not downloaded any new apps. How do I stop this from happening? 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 - Ringtone randomly changes to Silent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MYSCHAI, it is important to be able to hear your phone when necessary for those important calls. Is your ringtone a defaulted ringtone from the phone or a custom ringtone from an app or mp3?

We would recommend attempting to Reset the Device Settings. Please see the link below.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203756/ 

JoshuaC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MYSCHAI

What will Resetting my device settings do?  Will it set it back to factory standard, wiping out all my customizations and downloaded apps?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You bring up a great concern, MYSCHAI. We know that you would not want to lose any content or apps on your device. Not to worry, the option to Reset All Settings will only set your device settings back to the factory original settings. This means that your contacts, photos, apps are all safe and will not be deleted. If you have set up certain device settings such as ringtones, alerts, sounds, and even wallpaper will be reset. Does this help? Please keep us updated if this issue persists. AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes