Galaxy S7 Notification LED
jamala00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the nougat update I have noticed that if you have both the sound turned down and vibration off that the LED will not blink when you get a notification. Since before the nougat updated I have always has my stock Email app notification sound on Silent and Vibration off, but when I would get an email, I would always still get the blinking blue LED. Well since the Nougat update that is no longer the case. I have done everything including factory resetting my phone. Is this a known bug, or is this just now the standard Android behavior with Nougat? If I leave the Email Notification Sound on Silent, but turn Vibrate ON, then the LED will blink.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 Notification LED
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jamala00

We understand the importance of receiving notifications. Based on the information I viewed about this issue, you have to at least leave the phone on vibrate in order to get the LED to appear. At this time, it appears that this is how the device is designed to function after the update. 

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

nougat turned off the light.....settings/display/led

0 Likes
jamala00
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, that is not correct. It is not because the LED is turned off in the settings. I have that on and the LED does work for everything except when you have both the Sound on "Silent" and the Vibrate "Off"... This is what i have and have always had setup for the stock Mail app. It always just gave me the blue blinking LED when I would have an Email. Now after the Nougat update, this does not work. You at a minimum need to have at least the Vibrate on in order to receive a blue blinking LED Notification

jamala00
Enthusiast - Level 2

We understand the importance of receiving notifications. Based on the information I viewed about this issue, you have to at least leave the phone on vibrate in order to get the LED to appear. At this time, it appears that this is how the device is designed to function after the update.

So is this a knows "Bug" or is this now default behavior?

lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having that notification truly makes a difference. As i am one that always leaves my phone on vibrate, I certainly know that this indicator is the only way that I am alerted to a new message. We have reported this issue to the manufacturer as well as the Message + design team. While this is currently working as designed, we know that it is important to our customers to receive these notifications and are working on a solution. Should a change be made this would be rolled out on a software update. Were there any additional questions that we might assist with?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ERIBOE97

I had same issue. What I did that fixed it was to go to settings>sounds and vibration>notification sounds. I then made sure that my default notification sound had a sound assigned. Then I assigned a sound to Messages notifications. Then under email notifications I show the On toggled to yes. VIPS toggled to on and notification sound-silent and vibration-off. After these changes were made for some reason my led light started working when I received text messages from Verizon message+ .

0 Likes