Re: Galaxy S7 Edge - Random Freeze/Reboot & Intermittened WiFi Connectivity Issues
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Sorry done that and it did nothing the phone still does it

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 Edge - Random Freeze/Reboot & Intermittened WiFi Connectivity Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BrandonGiesel,

Oh my! Making sure that your phone is trouble free is the name of the game. Your extensive troubleshooting that you have done is greatly appreciated. Let’s keep the ball rolling to find a resolution once & for all. When you did the factory reset to the phone, did you happen to put back on the same exact apps that you had on their before? Are you doing something in particular on your phone when the phone freezes? Have been able to test out a different wifi network to see if it give you the disconnection error message?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we do all that we can to get your wifi connectivity concern working properly, kathy65793. In order to proceed, we would need to know if you have automatic restore enabled prior to performing the factory reset. If so then we may need to reset the device again without restoring your information and test the connectivity. Please advise so that we can assist with the next best step towards a solution.

ArnettH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

No I do not have auto enabled

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent! That's good news. We want to make sure this gets taken care of for you so you can enjoy your phone problem free. Does this happen on any other wifi networks besides your home wifi?

JosephT_VZW

0 Likes
finierose
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had this problem (first with Wifi connectivity - this ended up just being my old router - then with the random freeze/reboot) and went to Verizon store to see what they could do. Read about it online before going in and came across this forum. I thought the freeze/reboot problem was going to be a hardware software issue and after explaining to the Verizon associate the problems I was experiencing, he said - Well we don't open the phones here in store and with my experience your problem could be due to water damage, but that cant be determined at this time and you would have to send your phone in and get a refurbished replacement. After getting the replacement if it is determined to be water damage you could be billed. For now, the first step we have to do to your phone is factory reset it. If the problem persists, you could bring it back in (but have to wait 48 hours) and we could start the replacement process.

OK, first problem - the phone is water resistant. So I HIGHLY doubt the problem is "water damage". Phone is less than a year old and has never been in or under water.

Second, "his experience" - how would he know if the phones cannot be opened in store?

Third, "I could be billed if it's water damage" - Yea, even though I know it's not, who knows what Verizon would determine it to be. I'm not leaving that up to them.

Fourth, I already reset the phone multiple times. I told him this and still would end up having the same problem. Didn’t matter what I already did. They had to reset it and I would have to wait…again.

So, I went to Best Buy and talked to the Samsung rep in store. He agreed with me that it could be a hardware/software issue. He re-downloaded software onto my phone to see if that would solve the problem. Yay - at least he tried to do something. He then told me to contact Samsung if I continued having the same problem.

Well, I did end up having the same problem. Contacted Samsung and started the warranty repair process. I wasn’t happy with the fact that it could take up to 2 weeks for my phone to be fixed, but was way more comfortable sending to Samsung than Verizon. Samsung replaces components within your acutal phone vs. Verizon sending you a completely different phone (who knows what the person before did with that phone). Plus I knew there was no possibility of Verizon telling me the problem was due something that was my fault.

My Samsung repair took a week. The end result - my freeze/reboot issue was due to an internal battery failure and board failure. They replaced both the battery and main board. I practically got a new phone. Everything works perfectly now! My advice, just send it back to Samsung if you’re having the freeze/reboot issue.