Galaxy S7 Calendar Multiple Reminders - only 1st one works
veknor16502
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I create a new event in my Calendar and set two reminders (like one for 1 day and one for 2 hours before the event), then only the first reminder will pop up when I set it to.  The 2nd reminder (the one closer to the event date) will never show up.  It used to work before, but in the last month or so it stopped working correctly.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S7 Calendar Multiple Reminders - only 1st one works
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

veknor16502 we want your calander to work correctly for you. Let's get to the bottom of this. I would like to ask afew questions to makesure we get this fixed. What calendar app are you using? Have you made any changes to your device with in that last month? What software version are you using http://spr.ly/6584B7Ryq?

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
veknor16502
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using the default calendar app that came installed on my phone, “S Planner”.  The S Planner software version is 3.1.31.  I have not installed any other calendar apps.  The last software update on my phone was G930VVRU2APG5 and my Android version is 6.0.1.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Veknor16502,

I would be puzzled if only 1 out of 2 reminders work on my calendar. Thank you for the great and helpful information. I’ll be happy to help and figure this out with you. The S Planner can sync with your Google Calendar, which is also installed on device as well. Just making sure, can you please use the Google Calendar instead just for a test. Put in the 2 reminders there and test it out. Let us know if the 2nd reminder works or not on the Google Calendar. 

RyanC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
veknor16502
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't think I have Google Calendar installed on my device, I don't see it anywhere, and when I first got the phone I turned off all syncing between Google and my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

veknor16502, we don't want you to miss any important events or dates. Click the link below for more details regarding the free Google Calendar application: 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.calendar

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
veknor16502
Enthusiast - Level 1

I installed Google Calendar, set up a test event, set two reminders, one for 10 minutes before and one for 20 minutes before.  The notification for 20 minutes before the event popped up.  I clicked "Dismiss".  The notification for 10 minutes before the event never popped up.  Same problem as with the default Samsung Galaxy S7 calendar. 

0 Likes
veknor16502
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello?  I responded to your suggestion on September 26th.  I still need help resolving this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for testing out the calendar, veknor16505. I use the Google calendar on my phone and always receive alerts for multiple events. When setting your reminder, are you making sure to click Save? Does the even show the correct notification times? Is the notification set to Email or Notification?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
veknor16502
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I click Save.  Yes it shows the correct notification times.  It is set for Notification (not email).  I just tested it again right now. I set one reminder for 20 minutes before a test event and another reminder for 10 minutes before the same event.  The reminder popped up 20 minutes before the event, and I swipe the red 'X' to dismiss it.  But then later, the reminder I set for 10 minutes before the test event doesn't pop up.

0 Likes