Galaxy S7 Android Marshmallow WiFi Issues
ASW623
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see that there are a lot of customers having the same issue as I am with wifi connections on the galaxy s7 phones with the android marshmallow OS. I am wondering if you as a carrier is working to get this issue resolved as I don't think a consumer should have to pay more to upgrade their data to avoid overage charges. I also don't think it is right to not be able to use all the options are phone has to offer like Bluetooth connectivity. For the wifi to stay connected you can't have the Bluetooth connected at the same time. Please let your consumers know you are working to resolve this issue for us!

Re: Galaxy S7 Android Marshmallow WiFi Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ASW623, thanks for reaching out. We do thoroughly test software updates for these potential issues, and are always working to improve updates. How long has this been happening for you? The S7 should have had the update installed and tested already.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

ASW623
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been going on ever since I activated my phone, so for  a week now.

mka1983
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this issue. In other message boards it seems that this is a verizon issue because customers of other networks are not experiencing this problem.

ASW623
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good to know, I will reach out again until Verizon gets this resolved.

drichards43
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the HTC M8. Since upgrading to Android 6.0, I also have not been able to connect to WiFi and bluetooth at the same time. If I have a WiFi connection, I lose it as soon as I turn my bluetooth on.

Rgordon001
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same issue.

0 Likes
Talekzander
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had these same issues with my galaxy s7 since I got it.  Cannot use the playtime freedom wifi. I've tried safe mode.  I've tried turning off Bluetooth. Nothing works except using mobile data. Starting to feel like Verizon's plan to force customers to up data plans.

Mojo_me
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having all of the above.

0 Likes
latti

This is a joke... mostly because Verizon does not want to admit there is a problem. I think we would all feel better about this issue if we new they agreed there is a problem and they were working with Samsung to get it fixed.

Instead I get comments like " no one has reported this issue "...."this is the first I have heard of this"

Are you kidding me...............JUST LOOK at the internet.

In any case if this isn't taken care of soon, I will be touching base with the Attorney General for our state and the FCC to see if they are willing to step in. I have spent to many hours on the phone with Verizon and Samsung to walk away from this issue. Toggling off Bluetooth is not the fix.

0 Likes