Re: Galaxy S6's bluetooth would not stay on
DaveS6

It is obviously either a software bug or a hardware defect! I tried every possible way. What makes me so disappointed is that Samsung and Verizon have been ignoring customer's concerns for so long and have not taken any effort to fix it.

0 Likes
GeorgiaBreeze

The Full Reset as prescribed by KB-174628 has been performed no less than three times since the blue tooth ceased functioning. Then with VZWSupport guidance I have tested it in Safe-Mode and performed the Software Repair Tool by connecting it to a computer. Nothing has made a difference in the blue tooth status that as I said, used to work just fine.

0 Likes
GeorgiaBreeze

I understand that they have to first go through a litany of tests before they can consider it a "real" problem. However, I would expect them at the same time to view their log of tech issues to conclude that "yeah, we've seen a LOT of this issue and here is the solution". I already have an RMA number from Samsung to ship it but if it turns out to be a software issue, I'm going to be so mad for being without a phone while they are looking at it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there GeorgiaBreeze,

I definitely don't want you to feel like we are ignoring you, and I greatly appreciate all of the steps that you have done so far. I know that it has been quite some work, and I personally know how tedious that can be when tech isn't working as intended.
 am glad, however, that you are able to work with Samsung and that they are looking into this issue as well. They will be able to determing if it is a device or software issue, and find a proper solution for their device/software from there.

When the device comes back to you, please keep us posted if for any reason the bluetooth still isn't working. We are here for you.

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DaveS6

Hello Support,

I am disappointed because six months have passed and they have not come up with any conclusion or any solution to the problem.

It is not single incident. On this forum alone you have got a dozen reports and you will find more elsewhere.

Can you remotely test each defect phone?

David

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
pci2k

I've been having the same issue. If I turn Bluetooth on, it IMMEDIATELY shuts back off!

I may have found how to get around it and am trying this solution:

I went to Settings/Lock Screen and Security/Secure Lock Settings.

I tapped on Smart lock and used my fingerprint to verify my identity.

I tapped on Trusted Devices.

It showed Bluetooth was off

I clicked Add Trusted Devices.

Somehow my Bluetooth turned back on and automatically added my Bluetooth headset, which I had turned on previously. It's been staying on, so crossing fingers!

0 Likes
pci2k

I just wanted to add a quick update, that after 1 day, that I have not had any more issues with my Bluetooth immediately turning off. After adding a single Trusted Device such as my headset, the problem has not reoccurred again.

0 Likes
DaveS6

Thanks for sharing your solution. Unfortunately it does not for me. Bluetooth is grayed out, and I am not able to add it.

0 Likes
pci2k

Sorry it didn't work for you. Bluetooth was grayed out for me too, but somehow it came back on after I added the Trusted Device. I can't explain how that happened.

0 Likes