Re: Galaxy S6's bluetooth would not stay on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gjm999, we're eager to provide you with a resolution for this bluetooth issue. Let's try running that device which will determine if an application is affecting the performance of it.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-174859/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sticks118

I gave up and called verizon.  I went through all the steps and then they sent me out a replacement phone.  No other thing worked and my replacement phone is working fine.  So the solution is to have Verizon replace the phone.

0 Likes
dlaterra13

I already had mine replaced and it's still not staying connected! I need

answers. Solutions.. Something!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

My bluetooth/car connection (Honda Civic) on the S6 connects and disconnects randomly - sometimes several times in the span of a few minutes.  The other day it happened during a conversation - it would disconnect, then reconnect, then disconnect and reconnect again - so the conversation was choppy.  And annoying.  Advanced calling on or off makes no difference.

i know that isn't much help to anyone who has this issue, just know that you aren't alone and it's the phone, not you or your car.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
dlaterra13

Same. I also have a civic and can't get Verizon to help! It's frustrating

and dangerous while driving!

0 Likes
gjm999

I have an Acura, which is the same hands free link system as the Honda. t is dangerous

0 Likes
GeorgiaBreeze

Picking up this dead thread. Unfortunately, my wife's S6 EDGE has developed this same problem. Bluetooth was working fine then in early January it just stopped altogether. It exhibits the same symptoms of attempting to turn on but simply goes back to OFF. I have factory reset it numerous times, utilized the Software Repair Tool with Verizon support, and am now working with Samsung to RMA the device back to the maker. 

My question to VZWSupport is, since this has been a dead thread since November, have they found a solution? Is it a hardware failure? Is it a software problem? Anything? Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 EdgeGalaxy S6's bluetooth would not stay on

I'd really like to avoid being without the phone while it's shipped off, but not having bluetooth connectivity in the car is kind of a big deal for this expensive phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there GeorgiaBreeze,

I know the importance of Bluetooth on the device, I use mine for my headset and a wireless speaker almost daily. What are you trying to connect to the device? Is the trouble that it is not connecting/recognizing the device at all? Or is it that Bluetooth won't turn on at all?

Have you tried to test it in safe mode? Can you do this for me? Enable safe mode by pressing and holding the power button until the power options menu comes up, then press and hold the "Power off" button until another menu comes up asking if you want to restart in safe mode. Press "Yes" and the phone will restart. Then test out the bluetooth. To take it out of safe mode, just restart the phone normally.

LeoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GeorgiaBreeze

The trouble is that it won't turn on at all.

I have booted it in safe-mode and the result was the same.

I have coordinated with a VZWSupport individual to apply the Software Repair Tool and the result was the same.

The bluetooth used to work and now it doesn't. All of my other phones connect and work flawlessly with their bluetooth devices. This S6 EDGE simply doesn't turn on at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow, I want to get your bluetooth up and running properly. I know that you mentioned this happening since the update, and that you have done a full reset. How did you go about doing the reset? Just to be sure, please follow these steps to perform a reset for me: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-174628/ (I know it says this is for the edge+ but the steps are the same).

LeoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes