Re: Galaxy S6's bluetooth would not stay on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your post, gjm999. We would like to investigate further, but need more information to do so. Let us know a couple of things: What is the make/model of the Bluetooth device this is experienced with? When the hard reset was completed, was it completed without reloading downloaded applications or was automatic restore selected?

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gjm999

Jusy so you are aware, I had to get a replacement for my S6, unrelated to the bluetooth issues (the screen was delaminating- yeah, I'm not loving this phone). well, once I set up the new phone, bluetooth worked perfectly (received texts, sent texts and stayed connected through the car) for 3 days . Today, as soon as I started to use google maps navigation in the car, it stopped working. Now it continuously disconnects and it won't read texts over bluetooth anymore. Just like that. Please fix this. It's frustrating and dangerous

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There is nothing more that I want than for you to love your phone. Bluetooth capability is a feature that is very important for safety sake.

I know the S6 received a software update as of 9/24/2015.

Can you check your device to see which version you have?

TamaraH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
a1valdez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem with S6, the software update fixed it. Not problem as of current.

0 Likes
gjm999

I just checked for an update; none is available. My android version is 5.1.1, Kernel 3.10.61. What else would you like to know? It's still as bad as ever- the bluetooth stops every 2-3 minutes while I'm driving. Plus, it will not allow my car to read/ reply to texts. I'm about to throw it out of the window

0 Likes
gjm999

Oh, the last software update was 10/2/15, the update is g920vvru3bog5

0 Likes
DaveS6

Same kernel version. Last update was G920VVRU4BOG7 on 9/29/2015. 

Initially posted the issue as Bluetooth would not STAY on. Actually it could be that it would not turn on at all--Message "turning on Bluetooth" stays on screen for 12 seconds, then goes back to "Turn on Bluetooth to see a list of devices  you can pair with or have already paired with".

I've done clearing cache & forcing stop, etc. many times, but to no avail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DaveS6,

It's certainly disheartening to see this happen & we are dedicated to get this resolved for you. We appreciate all your time & effort with working with us on this.  When did this issue begin to happen? From what I’m understanding is that when you turn the Bluetooth on, it automatically turns right off. Is that correct? Do you know if you have the Bluetooth fully charged?

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
gjm999

I feel as if you're not fully comprehending the issue. There is no"Bluetooth to be charged". The Bluetooth on the phone stops working, providing a message which states "unfortunately Bluetooth has stopped working". It then disconnects from the car. It will then turn itself on again. This cycle will continue, ad infinitum, every 2-3 minutes. Further, the blues will not allow my vehicle to access my sms messages, as it is equipped to do. Please fix this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gjm999, Bluetooth is such an important features to have. We are going to do everything we can to make sure it works properly. I understand you have done a lot on your own including factory resetting your device. This is highly abnormal for Bluetooth to turn itself off. Let's place the device in Safe Mode and try using the Bluetooth while in Safe Mode for 24 hours. This will not erase anything from your phone but will disable any third party app. Click here to place your device in Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1hyO70C

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes