Galaxy S6's bluetooth would not stay on
DaveS6

My Galaxy S6's bluetooth would not stay on. It automatically turns itself off after about 15 seconds. Here is the information about the phone:

Model: SM-G920V

Android version: 5.1.1

Baseband version: G920VVRU3BOG5

Kernel version: 3.10.61

Build number: LMY47X.G920VVRU3BOG5.

I searched some other websites and found the same issue with S6 but did not find a solution to the problem. I wonder if anybody knows how to fix it.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S6's bluetooth would not stay on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes. We definitley want you to be able to utilize this awesome feature, DaveS6. Let's get your bluetooth working correctly. Thank you for the additional information. How long has this been happening? Just to verify, is it the actual phone feature that turns off or is the connection between devices being lost? Have you ever been able to use Bluetooth before on this phone?

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gjm999

Has anyone provided you a solution to your problem? I've been having the same exact issue. I've spent hours on the phone with verizon wireless and Samsung, to no avail. It's maddening that I can't even make a call in my car without it dropping.

0 Likes
gjm999

Verizon-- any fix yet???? This is maddening, frustrating and dangerous! Please send out a patch.

0 Likes
DaveS6

Unfortunately no. It seems Samsung does not care, neither Verizon wireless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your concerns are definitley heard and we do care as we understand the importance of having hands free communication when driving. We will need to factor out a few things so that we can pin point what the issue is. Does your Bluetooth work with other hands free device? Have you tried clearing the cache for the Bluetooth application? Settings>Applications>Application Manager>ALL>Bluetooth>clear cache,clear data & force stop. Are any other functions of your device effected by this. Please keep us posted as we need to see if this is a device issue or a accessory issue.

NatashaA_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gjm999

Not only have I cleared the cache, I have done a full factory reset (which, btw, cleared things up and allowed the bluetooth to work properly for less than 2 weeks), I have cleared the partition and tested it in safe mode.

Please advise when a fix will be available- this is not only frustrating, it is dangerous.

Best regardsGail McNally

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your concerns towards bluetooth and definitely want to ensure that you're able to utilize. I can;t thank you enough for all that you've done. Is the connection lost with any other bluetooth device?
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
gjm999

I only use it with Bluetooth headphones, which aren't connecting quickly any longer. Also, be advised that yesterday I paired my son's s5 to the car which worked perfectly. It stayed connected and even received and sent texts

0 Likes
gjm999

Oh, and the update I installed yesterday did nothing to help.

0 Likes