Galaxy S6 potentially sending duplicate text messages
FrankWL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased a Galaxy S6 last night, and it might be sending duplicate text messages. I'm not 100% sure if it's my phone because so far only one person has mentioned it. My friend, who has some version of the iPhone 5, said he's received at least 6-7 duplicate texts from me today. I tried both the Samsung Messages app and Verizon Message +.  I couldn't find anything searching the problem, so I was wondering if there were any known fixes or anything, or if I have to go down to the Verizon store for a replacement (assuming the S6 is indeed sending double messages). I've also tried deleting the conversation history, which was a recommended fix for other phones, and it doesn't seem to have helped.

Re: Galaxy S6 potentially sending duplicate text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@FrankWL

Congrats on your new Samsung Galaxy S 6 purchase!  You've made a great device choice.  However, I want to ensure your text messages aren't sending duplicate messages to your recipients.

Is the other party receiving duplicate messages from other recipients?  And is the other user a Verizon Wireless customer?  Please try resetting both of the messaging applications (Samsung Messges app and Verizon Messages app) http://vz.to/1EwFHhy and keep me posted with your results.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Scooter1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is NOT your recipients phone just receiving double messages... Verizon has had this problem fot awhile. I have an S5 and I have this problem from time to time. It's seems to be a problem in the app or "voice".. Do a search for duplicate messages and you will find hundreds... Big problem with Galaxy phones.. Good luck with getting it to stop because Verizon says that there is" NO" problem...

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I've encountered this problem before, but thankfully it only happens occasionally. I've been on the end of sending duplicates and also receiving them. Eventually it's stopped, so if it's just one person I wouldn't worry all too much. However I would do what Verizon has suggested.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know double messages can be annoying Scooter1234! What application are you using for your messages? How long has this been going on for?

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Scooter1234
Enthusiast - Level 2

Message +... Started a couple weeks ago...

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015, 10:39 AM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Double messages can be irrating, Scooter1234! Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Messages + application? Or you could try restting the application. Here is how: http://vz.to/1LcGKHP Keep us posted.

AllisonC_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
klodolce

I just received a new samsung S-6 as well my phone worked great until I recently downloaded the recent software update from verizon.  I use message plus and most of the time I receive and show that I am sending multiple text messages.  Weird thing is the people receiving messages from me are only receiving one message even though my phone shows I sent it twice.  Wish I could remove the software update but not sure if the new update helps protect my phone or helps it run more effeciently?

0 Likes
vcartergirl

My Galaxy S6 has been repeating text messages as well.  I called Verizon and they had me restart my whole phone to factory settings and it is still doing it.  It is very frustrating and you would someone could figure this out and fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn of this messaging issue you are experiencing vcartergirl! A factory reset is the ultimate troubleshooting step in our books and would resolve most issues. What messaging application do you use? Do these duplicate messages go to only specific contacts or all contacts? Please run and test your messages in Safe Mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-152233/ for a few hours, and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes