Galaxy S6 loss of data connection requires reboot
Crimsonblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

Help! I am beyond frustrated and need assistance. If my phone looses mobile data, I have to reboot the device to get it to reconnect again. The signal indicator will show service, 3g, 4g, etc but the up an down arrows that signal connectivity are gone.

Things I have done:

1. SIM Card

2. Confirmed smart network switch is enabled, all mobile data etc settings are correct.

3. Safe mode restart

4. Cleared Cache

5. Factory Reset

6. Was sent a replacement phone from Tech Support and that phone did it worse than the original so sent that one back.

I loose connection multiple times a day and having to reboot my phone while my daughters little droid mini has perfect connection is frustrating!

I'm tired of paying for a phone that I cannot use! This impacts my phone as well as my partner who also has the S6, however the other phones on the contract seem to be doing just fine. HELP.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S6 loss of data connection requires reboot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help ease your frustrations Crimsonblues. Let’s work together to see what’s going on. Do you currently have Advanced Calling turn on? You may check here in: Settings > Advanced Calling. Do you experience issues when connected to WiFi too? Does this happen everywhere you go?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Crimsonblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, advanced calling is turned on.

Yes it happens on mobile data as well as at home on wi fi.

I also have a network extender in my home.

On Mar 17, 2016 9:51 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crimsonblues Thank you for the details. When did you begin to have problems with signal? Are there others on your account noticing the same issues?

SheritaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Crimsonblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has been happening for the past month or greater. As stated in my

original post this is also happening with the other s6 on my account.

On Mar 17, 2016 10:29 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is more than appreciated Crimsonblues. We are committed to customize a solution for you. May I ask what is the exact software version do you have on the S6? If you can provide us with the software, baseband, and kernel version then we can cross reference what you have with what we have on file. Settings > About Phone.

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
Murph28

I have 3 S6's on my account and they all do this also. I have complained to Verizon and Samsung. This started after the December update that brought wifi calling to the S6. Samsung tells me no one has reported this to them. I have done everything from cache wipe to a factory wipe reinstall. Mine will not connect to mobile data after it has been on wifi. Try to toggle airplane mode on then toggle it off and see if that will bring your data back. This has worked for me, it's a pain but what are you going to do when no one wants to admit there is a problem. My phone worked fine until that update.

0 Likes
Crimsonblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

Android 5.1.1

Baseband g920vvru4bok7

Kernal 3.10.61

This is beyond frustrating and it needs to be fixed or rectified.

On Mar 19, 2016 11:14 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes