Re: Galaxy S6 Edge screen rotation issue
jrwilkes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just called Samsung and they are offering the option mentioned above--repairing the phone with a turn around time of 10 business days... So, how do I get by with no ability to communicate for two weeks? ... and of course this comes on the heels of spending $350 and signing a new contract for two years... [removed] me! I'd rather go back to my partially operable Note II

Content was removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DD73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have this issue, screen won't rotate, camera stuck upside down... went to Verizon today, and they said there was nothing they could do about it and that I will  have to wait for an update that will fix the issue, they didn't offer to replace the phone or anything!!! very frustrating!!!

0 Likes
ekg0477
Enthusiast - Level 2

You need to call version wireless customer service. They will overnight a replacement phone. Request a new in box phone instead of a refurbished device. I'm on my 4th it's worked for about 2 weeks now.

0 Likes
draganjr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got off with Verizon and they told me there is a patch/software to prevent the issue but not fix the current issue.

I am returning mine tomorrow and will see what will happen.  I am getting a new one because i am within the 14 days.

B33
Legend

Try the none Edge one..  see how it does..

0 Likes
jrwilkes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is f#ll of sh!at on this issue... the manager in the local store lied to me several times because he didn't want to deal with a epping a return... i was lucky enough to get it in within the 14 day return policy... but they lied to me and I am sure they will to others by telling the customers they must deal with Samsung... of course it is Samsung's fault but Verizon is being dishonest to their customers...

whenever I am ready to make a deal with the devil, i will likely go with the note edge...

one other thing i am sure several of you are well aware, even though Verizon has many phones on display, they only carry Apple and Samsung... this past Saturday I tried to purchase SIX different phones and NONE of them were available in the store I was in nor any within an hour and a half diving distance... if this isn't false advertising I don't know what is... btw, the phones I was interested in were BlackBerry and HTC... ..!.. Verizon

0 Likes
rodyonce
Enthusiast - Level 1

That actually happened to me as well. I bought it when i first started service and it turns out that the fast charging overheated my phone and messed up the component that rotates my phone. So I returned it and went with the iPhone 6 Plus.

I was very frustrated as well, but im happy with my switch. The 6 Edge is a good phone, but I am happy with my switch

0 Likes
bribri_22
Enthusiast - Level 2

My screen rotation worked for about 3 weeks then suddenly stopped. I went to Best Buy where they were helpless and told me to wait for the next update. It's a hardware issue so an.update wouldn't help. I visited a Verizon store and the guy said he couldn't help because I purchased year phone from Best Buy. Long story short, I bad-mouthed Verizon on Twitter and Verizon customer service tweeted me back. They said Verizon helps all of their customers. So I went back to the store and got a little crazy on them, they overnighted me a phone. Moral of the story, Verizon is all about customer satisfaction so getting crazy on them always works.

I read online that it may be the fast charger that fries the accelerator (orientation sensor) so as a precaution I quit using the fast charger and my second as 6 edge works just fine as of now. According to their website, they will replace your phone if it's under warranty.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/device-replacement-program/

You can always send your phone to Samsung, but it takes 10 days to come back.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that no one acknowledges that this is a known problem.

rlincoln25

For those of you who stuck it out with your original devices. The 5.0.2 update released on 6/2/2015 fixes the screen rotation issue at a bare minimum.

0 Likes
Harley_Quinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the 5.0.2 update and it didn't fix my phone. I and verizon tried every trick in the book to fix it also, as I was not thrilled about turning in my 2 week old phone for a CLN device but so far so good with the new phone. Today is the 1st day I've used fast charging so fingers crossed

0 Likes