Re: Galaxy S6 Edge screen rotation issue
Giummo
Enthusiast - Level 2

on phone #2 and when the CSR at the VZW store took it out of the box and powered it up the rotation was working, 24 hours later camera and browser are locked in portrait mode. the first edge I had had the camera locked in landscape.

Looks like i'm going back to the Verizon store tomorrow after work.

Giummo
Enthusiast - Level 2

...and oh yeah added bonus for me. Where I live I have crap VZW service so I have a Samsung Network Extender (SCS-2U01). According to the website the S6edge IS NOT compatible. 1X is the best I get

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Get an LG G3.

If you FDR these things, do they work again? What a disaster.

0 Likes
techman05usa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey just FYI my verizon tech mention using a emegency factory reset (potential through samsung switch pc) for a failed framework issue patch and that was their option to redownload the patch. The install link and more frustrated people are here...Just make sure you backup your stuff .http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge/513575-s6-edge-screen-rotation-does-not-work...

cruisencode
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did the emergency factory reset help?

I'm having the same issue as everyone else.  I'm getting really tired of the issues with Samsung and Verizon.  First, the lollipop upgrade hosed my S5, and now this.  It may be time to move on soon.  Maybe back to AT&T and an iPhone?

techman05usa
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's supposed to force an update that won't come if your already having the issue. It's better to try than waiting weeks for a new one. I ended up with an immediate replacement after backing up and going through a basic restore (which that did nothing). The samsung rep in best buy was under reported to on issues and just set me on a path for a new one (he didn'the have the necessary software to reflash and restore yet).

Samsung switch [mac?]/pc install should work though apparently that darn software was hard enough to find that it's misunderstood and forgotten about (had to go to samsung site chat and ask for it) since the only samsung switch listed on the page is for switching phones and "Not" the kies replacement software.

0 Likes
bholt6
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, an emergency factory reset didn't help me at all.  Still acting up.

0 Likes
cruisencode
Enthusiast - Level 3

How did you do the emergency software recovery?  Mine says "If the software update fails to complete, the device will appear in the list below".  But there are no devices in the list.  There is a button on the bottom that says "Emergency recovery using the recovery code", but I don't have a code.

0 Likes
bholt6
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't have a code either so maybe I didn't actually do the emergency recovery.  I may have just done software installation.

0 Likes
techman05usa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry didn'the know there was a code requirement. When you meant installation you meant initialization because that option doesn'the apparently need a code. Maybe you have to call up 611 to get a code. I guess if your phones completely in the toilet the phone would burp up a code.

BTW if any different what is your firmware mine says OC3

0 Likes