Galaxy S6 Edge continuously rebooting itself on it own...
bandee05

A few months ago, my galaxy S6 edge started  powering on and off on it's own continuously. This problem will go on for about a good 30 minutes to over an hour. I googled way to try to correct the problem, but nothing seems to be working. I just completed a factory rest again, but right after the phone was done with the rest, it started rebooting itself once again, and it's been doing it for the past hour now. I'm pretty much at a loss on what to do to solve this problem. I can't afford to buy a new phone, because I'm still paying this one off. At this point the phone is pretty useless to me because this problem happens a few times a day. Hopefully someone can help me with this situation. I love my phone and Samsung, but this is getting ridiculous. Thank you so much in advance.

-Britt

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S6 Edge continuously rebooting itself on it own...
Pioneer73

This is one of them that can be from heat to software to other issues. It seems you tried one. I guess the question I wonder is did you try a full factory reset. Unfortunately that would erase all your data and you would have to start over as getting things back. Where a regular reset will keep things but "refresh" (im not  talking about a restart).

This is definitely something you can try if you haven't. Another option is Verizon computer app to repair and basically again it will re-download your phones current available software and put it back to factory set. This is a good option incase you have some corrupt files.

If you haven't already installed it I recommend you do, and try that, you will need a usb cord and be without the phone for w while,  make sure you have everything backuped like picturesa and passwords. Etc.  If it still fails after that than you probably have a hardware failure and if your have a Verizon warranty you will need to file a claim.

Verizon repair software is called "Verizon repair assistant software" download it and set up, then plug in your phone while its in unlocked in Android.

0 Likes