Re: Galaxy S6 Car Bluetooth Problems
Luvapug
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had this problem with my 2011 Hyundai Tucson.  I wiped the data, the cache, and cleared my old phone off the car data... It worked for a day, and usually when I'm leaving my house, everything on the phone shows the link to the car, everything in the car shows the link to the phone but it isn't automatically connecting and half the time I can't even re-pair.  So frustrated!

0 Likes
LordofWar1835
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a Galaxy S5 that used the same bluetooth format and never had a problem.. Has to be the S6..

lexlord61

Wow, just got my Galaxy S6 last night and I'm having so many problems with the Bluetooth I decided to do a search on the internet. Stumbled on this site. When I do a bluetooth search it will find the Roku play in my home, but not my blue tooth speaker or my old Galaxy S3 (which has no problem finding my new S6). Can't get past step 1 of set up to connect it with my car because it will not discover the system. Grrrrrrrr......

So, I finally broke down and called tech support. After 15 minutes I was elevated to level 2 support. Forty minutes later the technician through the towel in. Going back to the Verizon store either tonight or tomorrow.

0 Likes
Luvapug
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found a fix!!! I installed the following and so far everything works perfectly!! In play store : app called

Bluetooth Connect and Play by Carl Parziale

mama23dogs
Legend

IF the app works for everyone, great!

For anyone who still can't pair, or keep paired with a new phone, it may be the firmware in your car stereo.  Contact your dealer about possible update.

9ladybug

having similair problem with my phone also.  I believe it to be Samsungs problem as blue tooth worked just fine with my S3 and same car.  Phone won't connect then disconnects as will.  Music starts playing when I did not request music etc..

0 Likes
9ladybug

I am having similair problem with my phone also.  I believe it to be Samsungs problem as blue tooth worked just fine with my S3 and same car.  Phone won't connect then disconnects at will.  Music starts playing when I did not request music etc.. It says my phone book is empty etc.

BUT I DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Your car hasn't changed.  Your phone has.  It's running more up to date software than the S3.  Contact your dealership about an update to the software in your car.

kevlar119119
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem connecting to a 2014 Kia Sportage - it connects and when I go back to vehicle later, it might or might not connect. No problems before using a Motorola Droid Maxx.

0 Likes
nojunk

My bluetooth connection seems to drop out from the car and sometimes it will reconnect on its own.  It happens at random times and I can assure you it is the S6 edge and NOT the car.

I have this problem in a 2008 BMW, a 2015 BMW and a 2015 Subaru.  I did not have this problem in any of these cars with my old motorola and my family has no problem with their iPhone 6 or 5c.  I think there are enough permutations there to say with certainty that the problem is in fact the S6 edge.  Now what do I do?

0 Likes