Re: Galaxy S6 Car Bluetooth Problems
Lizzanna
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do you remove from trusted devices?  I have looked at the previous replies that say to go to Settings, Security, Secure Lock, etc., but I don't seem to have Secure Lock there.

0 Likes
Aaron7

I was told that not all bluetooth devices support HD calling and I should try to turn off HD calling to see if that helps connectivity.

0 Likes
aaron53875

Found a solution-ish. For my car that in theory allow you to get email over

bluetooth, my Exchange app wasn't playing nice with the car. Deleted my

work email account in Exchange, grabbed the Exchange email app Nine and

added my work email using that. Now email doesn't transmit to the car

(which was an intermittent 5% working thing before), but at least bluetooth

calls, music, album art, and text messages are back to being rock solid,

which is where they were with my old phone. Since I only had a taste of

email going to my car, I can live with that. Much better than all my

bluetooth services being flaky and unreliable which was happening before.

0 Likes
JR1949

I too am having Bluetooth problems with the S6.  Audio quality and occasional connection problems with both my BMW 4 series and two Panasonic home phone systems.  Connections not so much the problem as audio quality.  Audio is sometimes totally unintelligible and have to use phone directly, bypassing Bluetooth audio connections...... sort of defeats the "hands-free' benefit of Bluetooth in the car, eh?

Previous RAZR-M worked flawlessly for two years .....  Have tried a solution I found on the web involving clearing cache, but have yet to verify any improvement.  Heading on a road trip soon and will give it the acid test.

0 Likes
2powder

I have had the same issue with my S6 Edge and my 2013 Hyundai Sonata and have gotten the run around from Samsung.   Was told that there was nothing Verizon could or would do because I bought the phone from Best Buy.   Best Buy told me that they weren't going to do anything because I wait until the 15th day to try to return the phone.   This is horrible customer service.  The phone will pair and then disconnect.  Then lose pairing.   All of the people out there that reviewed this phone, obviously did not review either the Verizon version or did not test the bluetooth functionality because this is completely disappointing.

0 Likes
eddr595

There is a partial solution circumventing Galaxy S6 Bluetooth connectivity problems: if during pairing messaging and phone log transfer are disallowed - the phone connection is stable! Obviously, messages and call log would not appear on the car navigation screen in this case, but no flapping for phone call connections!

0 Likes
ScottWalk

I have exactly the same issues on my 2014 Subaru Crosstrek, I am in my 3rd straight week of trying everyone's idea of what is wrong. Now I just found out today that the screen rotation in my phone does not work. I got on the phone with Samsung, they had me try a factory reset to get the Bluetooth and the screen rotation to work. No, this did not work either.

0 Likes
ZorlakDaPhoneHax0r
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I did find a legit fix for this, at least for Subaru owners.I also tried a variety of other fixes which I will outline below.

Actual Fix:

Step 1)

If already paired

- Turn on my Subaru and using the menu options delete your phone from memory. (On my WRX it involved hitting CD/Aux until BT-A appeared, hitting menu, and using the tuner dial to find and remove my phone.)

- Delete the Subaru or CAR_M_MEDIA option from your phone as well, under the bluetooth settings.

- If not already paired skip to step 2.

Step 2)

- Pair your phone using the buttons on the steering wheel only - NOT the buttons on the head unit.

- Hit the outgoing talk button and say Bluetooth Setup or Phone Setup. Whichever the prompt is when it reads the options. It may even be under Security followed by Phone Setup. Either way, once in the phone setup menu, using your voice confirm that is what you want to do.

- It will then ask you to provide a name for your phone. In my case I said "S6" but you can call it whatever you want. After it repeats it back to you, confirm it.

- It will then start the pairing process and the bluetooth system will read to you the bluetooth passcode for the car. On your phone, make sure Bluetooth is active and scan for devices. When Car_M_Media or whatever it is appears, select it and enter the code that was read to you.

- The system will finish the pairing process and it should now work with your S6.

Result)

Now each time I start my car my bluetooth will auto-connect and start playing Audible. I can use it for calls, etc. as expected. I am not running any third-party connection software. I do not have my car bluetooth device listed as trusted in smart lock. I do have a screen lock which is linked to my fingerprint. I have the Galaxy S6 64GB. Not the Galaxy S6 Edge - though I doubt there would be any difference for the Edge.

I cannot explain why it does not work through the head unit as it is virtually the same process as doing it through the steering wheel controls via voice, but it totally solved the problem for me! I discovered this fix on a Subaru forum site that said Subarus have two different ways to pair with phones, and for whatever reason the newer forms of bluetooth work better when doing it through the steering wheel controls. As an IT professional it really makes no sense and I was incredibly surprised that it worked. Definitely try it and see if it'll fix it for you.

Here is a link to a YouTube video describing how to pair using your steering wheel instead of using the head unit in a Subaru WRX.HOW TO SET UP BLUETOOTH ON YOUR 2011 AND 2012 SUBARU WRX/STI - YouTube

Other Fixes:

Fix 1 - Workaround - Bluetooth Connect and Play (Or other similar software)

Status: Unsuccessful for me. Just kept me paired but wouldn't auto-connect and play like it should. Could definitely be related to having a screen lock / finger print lock on my phone though. Something I wasn't going to give up to make my Bluetooth auto-connect.

Fix 2 - Adding it to or removing it from smart lock.

Status: Unsuccessful for me.  Again, just kept me paired. In my case I tried adding it to smart lock but it didn't seem to do anything because the phone wasn't actually pairing properly. If it had been pairing properly all smart lock would have done was unlock my phone screen in the car, though. So I don't know how much this is related to the core issue but I know screen locks on phones can definitely restrict components of the Operating System. So I put this fix in the maybe-related but unlikely pile. People have also coupled this fix with being related to Microsoft Exchange accounts - which I personally think is entirely unrelated. (I also have an Exchange account on my phone and use the default Exchange mail app.)

Fix 3) - Firmware Update

I was very close to going down this road. I researched and learned how to put my head unit into upgrade mode - the problem is that I couldn't find updated firmware for my factory installed Subaru head unit anywhere. Not even from Clarion, the maker of the unit. They referred me back to Subaru. So perhaps Subaru can do the firmware update, but fortunately I found the fix up above before taking it into them to try. I wouldn't be surprised if updating the firmware fixed it though. It could easily update the head unit pairing process to match that of the steering wheel controls.

Thanks for all the comments on the problem. I hope this helps someone out there resolve the issue once and for all.

ZorlakDaPhoneHax0r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Scott, see my post about Subaru pairing. I'd be very curious to know if it works for you or not.

0 Likes
petecost

I'm having issues with other headsets too... I have three different bt headsets.  No issue with the media but when taking calls...same issue as in the car.    I play media in my car with no interruption...it's always call related.

0 Likes