Re: Galaxy S6 Car Bluetooth Problems
mama23dogs
Legend

TRY Luvapug's solution.

I found a fix!!! I installed the following and so far everything works perfectly!! In play store : app called

Bluetooth Connect and Play by Carl Parziale

OR Techilicious...

1. Determine which pairing process your device employs. The process for pairing devices can vary. Sometimes, for example, it involves tapping a code into your phone. Other times, you need to physically touch your phone to the device you want to pair it with; for example, the Sony SmartWatch 2 uses NFC (near field communication) in combination with Bluetooth for pairing. Or in the case of the Nike+ FuelBand, you only have to hold down a button on the watch to pair it with an iPhone.

If you’re not sure how to pair a device, refer to its user guide; you can usually find one by searching online.

2. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on. You should see the little Bluetooth symbol at the top of your phone’s screen. If you don’t, go into the settings to enable it.

3. Turn on discoverable mode. Let’s say you want to pair your phone with your car’s infotainment systemso you can enjoy hands-free calling, texting and navigation. First, go into your phone’s settings and tap on Bluetooth; doing so makes the phone visible to the car. Then depress the buttons on your car's infotainment system, usually on the steering wheel or center stack, to get it looking for the device.

Once it finds your phone, the car will display a numeric code you need to confirm or input on your phone. After you do so, the devices should be paired. Keep in mind your phone will only stay in discoverable mode for a few minutes; if you take too long, you’ll need to start over.

4. Power the devices off and back on. A soft reset sometimes can resolve an issue. With phones, an easy way to do this is by going into and out of airplane mode.

5. Delete a device from a phone and rediscover it. If your phone sees a device but isn’t receiving data from it, sometimes it helps to start from scratch. In iOS settings, you can remove a device by tapping on its name and then Forget this Device. In Android settings, tap on a device’s name, then Unpair. After removing a device, start at step 1 on this list.

6. Make sure the devices you want to pair are designed to connect with each other. Whether it’s a headset, speaker, mouse, keyboard, camera or something else, your device has a specific profile that spells out what it can connect with. If you’re not sure, check the user manual.

7. Download a driver. If you’re having problems pairing something with your PC, you might be lacking the correct driver. The simplest way to figure this out is to do an online search for the name of the device you’re trying to pair along with the word “driver.”

8. Update the hardware’s firmware. Some automotive audio systems recently wouldn’t pair with the iPhone 5, for example, because the Bluetooth drivers in these systems didn’t work with Bluetooth 4.0. If you’re not sure how to get the latest firmware for your hardware, check with the device manufacturer.

9. Make sure the two devices are in close enough proximity to one another. While you wouldn’t think someone might try to pair an iPad with a keyboard if the two weren’t sitting right next to each other, it’s probably worth noting that you should make sure any devices you're trying to pair are within five feet of one other.

10. Keep in mind that not all wireless devices use Bluetooth. Alternatives include the Wireless Gigabit specification, Wireless HD, ANT+, ZigBee, NFC as well as Wi-Fi Direct. These other technologies typically won’t work with your phone, tablet or PC, Jawanda notes, without some kind of additional hardware.

0 Likes
Duchesssix

I'm having similar issues.  My observation is if I make one call and hang up to make another, the bluetooth loses connection and phone has to be restarted.  A major pain since I'm driving and it isn't an easy task to do.

0 Likes
PDXPT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same connecting/disconnecting/connecting over and over with a 2015 Toyota Camry.  I went to Samsung's site they claim they haven't heard of this.  Since the car model and year doesn't seem to matter and they are trying to blame it on apps loaded on the phone I think everyone with this problem needs to go to Samsung's support site and chat with them about this so they can't say they haven't heard about it and get some sort of fix out for the phone.  I have a headset and it doesn't do it with that so there is something going on here with the software on the phone not the Bluetooth antennae so it should be able to be fixed with a software update from Samsung.

0 Likes
bzf
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have the same issue. My wife had a S5 and it connected fine to her 2015 MDX. When we updated the S5 to Android 5.0 it worked fine and even allowed read back of text/emails she was very happy!

We just swapped her to the S6 which is on Android 5.0.2 and it does the same thing with disconnecting, repeatedly trying to negotiate and disabling all the functions. It does not read text/emails when they come in it says that feature is not available, and during the call the bluetooth will crash and reset and drop calls. As a test I took my Nexus on 5.1 and it also works flawlessly just like the S5.

Im going to try the Bluetooth connect app before we return the device for a refund. Its something with Android 5.0.2 on the S6 since 5.0.0 and 5.1 both work without issue

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Noone seems to understand that the BT technology in cars was manufactured before the tech in the s6. Of course older phones will work. But with new software in the new phone, you can have a 2015 vehicle with older BT tech that would not be compatible. The only troubleshooting VZW is responsible for is to see if there is a connection. Other than that, the responsibility lies between Samsung and the car manufacturer. Verizon is not part of that at this point.

0 Likes
rusieb

I've got a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the software is completely up to date in the Jeep.  I just took it to get a few flash updates a couple weeks ago at the dealer and I keep the UConnect (radio, nav, climate, apps, etc.) up to date myself.  And yet I'm still having all the same problems as everyone else.  Sometimes my S6 won't connect when I get in the car and I have to turn off the bluetooth, wait a second, turn it back on, then connect to the vehicle.  Often times it will just randomly disconnect, while I'm on the phone or just listening to music.  And it does it all the time.  Sometimes within seconds it will reconnect itself without me doing anything, others, i have to follow the turning off the bluetooth, etc procedure.  The most frustrating part is when i am on a call and when the bluetooth drops, it drops the call completely as well.  Given that I too never had any of these issues with my S3 and I know with certainty that my vehicle's software is up to date, I'm inclined to believe like most others here that it is indeed a S6 issue.   Would really like for Samsung to push an update to fix this issue.

0 Likes
PDXPT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe I may have stumbled on a solution for this, at least for phone

usage, I don't use it as a media player but Samsung had me do a hard

factory reset (that isn't fun) but I realized when mine started doing it,

skipped that and it is working fine now for over 24 hours. With the new

Android OS there is a part of the OS that is to unlock the phone in cars

connected with Bluetooth (SmartLock). It prompts you to add a trusted

device when you add a bluetooth device. I ignored it this time and

everything works I believe SmartLock and the S6 are not compatible. For

those that also "trusted the device", without resetting your phone go into

SmartLock and see if you can either delete or move the car to untrusted and

see if it works. To get into those settings go to settings-Lock Screen and

Security-SecureLock-Secure Lock Settings-Smart Lock. If you try this and

it works please reply so others can benefit from your experience.

bzf
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi this seemed to work for me. First I removed the exchange account, and then I had to set a pin security and restart the phone, then the SecureLock option was there, I had to *add* the car to trusted devices and then was able to make a call, and it read text/emails like it is supposed to do.

I went and added nine mail instead of the default email in the S6 and took the PIN off and secure lock was missing again so I put the PIN back on and it came back. So it might not have been the exchange email account . However, I noticed previously under Device Administrators Smart Lock was disabled and Exchange Server was enabled and I couldn’t change it so maybe once you have added the device maybe you can put the Exchange settings back.

Either way this seemed to solve the issue for me.

0 Likes
sbwilliams
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issues. I upgraded from Galaxy 3 to Galaxy 6. None of my bluetooth connections will stay connected. Getting tired of dropping calls because Verizon messed up the Bluetooth feature. This is a deal breaker for me, I might have to the IPhone.  Galaxy 3 never had Bluetooth issues, now that was a great phone. Very disappointing.

0 Likes
Rogue5100
Enthusiast - Level 1

Removing from trusted devices has seemed to work for me. After removing I just restarted S6 and it hasn't disconnected from car. Thanks for all the leg work. Really would have hated for a VZW update that would take centuries or returned S6 for something so small but heavily used.