Galaxy S5 update -- minor bug/performance issue fixes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, it's not Lollipop, but the Galaxy S5 is receiving some bug/performance issue fixes, i.e.,

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/12/17/verizon-galaxy-s5-receives-update-fixes-vpn-connectivity-issue-...

It's software version KTU84P and includes:

• fix for VPN connectivity
  • fix for a bug affecting memory card users (the 'blank SD card or unsupported files' issue)
  • Isis Mobile Wallet replaced by Softcard mobile payments application
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 update -- minor bug/performance issue fixes
bearone21
Legend

i wasn't having any of those issues & it's downloading/installing now.

sd card still has music & pics...it'll take some time to check all functions.

thanks

AWolfsWife
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can anyone report on the stability of this update?  The last forced update I did was on an S4 that in essence rendered it inoperable because it started rebooting itself 40+ times a day.  A factory reset didn't fix the problem, Verizon declined to help in anyway whatsoever and Samsung said they would TRY to repair it if I sent my phone to them and would therefore be without a phone for 10+ days.  It was a bad update they pushed (as evidenced by the large number of people having the same issue) and I ended having to get a new phone, at my cost of course.  Needless to say, I am skiddish of Samsung forced updates.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I got the update and all working normal. I did not have any of the so called issues before but my Isis Mobile Wallet had already updated well over a month ago. No SD card or VPN problems after update. S5 stable!  Merry Christmas     Smiley Happy

0 Likes
AWolfsWife
Enthusiast - Level 1

May I ask how long you've been running it?

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Been 4 to 5 days but I have checked and rechecked, running different apps , downloads to card and running a VPN.  Some very minor slow speed issue with networking at times, but I feel do to busy internet @ this time of year. 

0 Likes