Re: Galaxy S5 sending text message failed
B33
Legend

Are you Trying to send just regular Text or Picture Messaging.!  there is a Difference.. Try this send a message a regular one to your s5 use your full Area code the full  Ten numbers adding  1  in is not necessary try that see if works if power cycle the phone and re-try again..

0 Likes
hobbsks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I am trying to send just a regular Text, NO Picture. I tried sending a

regular one to myself and it failed, just like all of the others over the

wifi.

B33
Legend

Well hmm.. lets try this tap your Air Plane to take the phone to Air Plane mode wait a few minutes turn off Airplane let your Wi-Fi reconnect and then retry sending the message..

If it does not work after this and if  your under the 14 Days return..  Return the phone and have your local store put ya with a new one.. just remember there may be a $35 Dollar restock fee added to the return.. if they Determine it's a DOA unit though you should be ok with out having to pay the restock fee..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A few other things to try:

• ensure that the network is set to LTE/CDMA, i.e., settings > more networks > mobile networks > network mode > ensure it's set to LTE/CDMA (it'll try to reset to Global whenever you reboot the phone)
  • decide which text app you prefer to use (Verizon Messages or Samsung Messages) and Turn Off the app you don't plan to use, i.e., settings > applications > application manager > scroll over to the All tab at the top of the screen > scroll down to Messages (if you plan to use Verizon Messages) or Message+ (if you plan to use Samsung Messages) and tap it > uncheck Show Notifications > tap Force Stop > tap Turn Off
  • call Customer Service and have them check the text provisioning on your account
0 Likes
jaraschutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same exact issue that started around that same time!

0 Likes
jaraschutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I even did a factory reset...did not help.

0 Likes
jaraschutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same exact issues that started at the same time.  I tried both Message+ and Messages as well.  I even did a factory reset...that did not work either.  I thought if you did a factory reset, that it would reset it to prior to the updates.  One rep in the Verizon store said it was related to the Lollipop updates.  So I was trying to reset to it prior to the update.  But it reset to version 5.0.

0 Likes
rbr16

My S5 is doing the same thing. spent 10+ hours on the phone with Verizon support. Concensus is to send the phone back to Samsung to let them "repair" it.  No guarantee or replacement promised. 

On a side note, changed out SIM card and first three txt messages went through. Then back to "fail" thereafter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
rbr16,  I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same messaging issues. We truly want you to be able to text on your device. Have you already tried the factory reset on your device also?   LindseyT_VZW  Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Werbiebs

Boyfriend Took phone to Verizon store. Was told there was an update to the update to fix this problem and he put paperwork in so he would be called to let me know it is availabe. Nothing yet so got on with Samsung and they said nothing in the works. Beyond rediculous that this is happening a few days after getting phone And getting nothing done.  Knock on wood my update worked with no problem but have had the phone for almost a year. 

0 Likes