Galaxy S5 replacement
Earlybird24

Bought this Phone March 22 2015. On April 20,2015 the phone failed to turn off the power button doesn't work. Took the phone back to the retailer to hopefully get a new replacement. He called Samsung and the informed me to mail the phone to them and it would take 6 to 9 days after they got the phone for me to get it back. The Salesman then called his Verizon rep and he ordered a replacement phone overnight, I was told it would be a new phone by him. He then said the rep told him to tell me to go to Best Buy and the Samsung experince and they might swap it out for me. That didn't happen either , I then went to the Corporate stor and they told me they could get me one overnight. Need less to say I gave them a brand New phone that is defective and they give me a rebuilt one that I will end up paying $700.00 for. What a ripoff...

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 replacement
bearone21
Legend

the only way you get a new one is on an insurance claim.

sounds like you bought it at costco or something similar to save a few $$ & why i'll only deal with verizon corporate stores.

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

I purchased my s5 directly from Verizon.

I've been through 3 replacements because the lollipop update made them completely junk.

*All replacements were certified like-new

I've had my latest replacement 4 days, and Verizon tells me now I have to deal with Samsung.

Samsung will take and look over the device, but I'll have to pay out of pocket for damages or repairs when I didn't do anything to the phone in the first place.

0 Likes
Earlybird24

My replacement seems to be working fine, although I did let them know that I was Unhappy with the fact i ended up with a remanufactured phone and hadn't made the first payment

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The warranty terms and conditions do state that after the initial 14 day return period that the phone will be replaced with a certified like new replacement. If you don't wish to do that they you can reactivate an older phone and mail your phone to samsung for repair. This is listed in your manual as well as samsung or any other manufacturers website. This is the case with all consumer products, including your car if you have an accident. You could have owned your car for 2 days and the insurance company has the right to repair with used or OEM equipment.