Galaxy S5 miscellaneous files
Pterodactyl999

I'm frustrated with the fact that the galaxy s5 has increased miscellaneous files on my phone to 5.57 GB. Further analysis shows that 5.46 GB of that memory is tied up in system memory (which is not accessible). Is there a way to identify what is actually consuming so much space? I'd like to identify and eliminate the culprit. Other threads seem to indicate that it could be resident applications.  How do you know which apps could be wasting my memory?

I bought a micro sd card to try and resolve the issue, but I'm struggling with transferring apps over to it. Most of the heavy hitters (mainly Google apps) won't allow movement to the sd card. Is there a way to transfer all of my apps on my SD card so I don't encounter 'insufficient storage' errors?

It seems silly that I would only have 10.5 GB of storage available from a 16 GB phone.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 miscellaneous files
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pterodactyl999, we don't want you to continue to struggle for memory storage on your phone. The Google Play market will allow you to move some applications to your SD card. However, some application developers have not granted permission to move applications to a memory card. As a result, those applications can only be saved on your device. You will need to access your applications in Google Play. In Menu, you have the option to "Move to sdcard>"

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 miscellaneous files
locutus1701
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a know issue with the galaxy devices. Besides what was already described above, you can clear the cache of the miscellaneous files. Also, power off the device, take out the battery and reinsert it. Power the device on. This should free up some space for you.

0 Likes