Galaxy S5 message+
Hankster5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Galaxy S5, do I have to use message+? It keeps wanting me to return to it after using the default Samsung program which I like better.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy S5 message+
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

No you may continue to use the stock Samsung app which I like better then Message+ . If you have not already done so I would force stop your message+ app, clear cache & data and leave this app shut down. That should solve your problem. Happy New Year

narntek
Contributor - Level 3

No, it's just a "bloatware" app that Verizon offers.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Message+ along with another 22 other applications that came preloaded on the phone I'm currently using was disabled even before I added my Gmail account to the phone. I also noticed that Message+ was set as the default message application out of the box. Not cool VZW. Not cool.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
narntek
Contributor - Level 3

Had the same problem with my S5 when I got it. Heck, I'm an app dev and tech support for my company and I couldn't figure out how to change it just to the stock app. And as far as I know (didn't use it long) it was only good for messaging VZW customers, at least it didn't cost you Smiley Happy

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hunter B wrote:

And as far as I know (didn't use it long) it was only good for messaging VZW customers

You're not limited to just sending/receiving texts to/from VzW customers when using Verizon Messages.

0 Likes
narntek
Contributor - Level 3

As I never actually used it I wasn't sure but the rep that I talked with when I activated the device said that it was. I don't like bloatware and if my phone wasn't under warranty or insurance it'd probably be removed, I don't really ever use anything Verizon includes on the phones.

Hankster5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just want to thank you all for the info on my Galaxy S5.....You guys are awesome, thanks

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use the Messages+ app on my phone and tablet.  It has it's quirks, but it works fairly well now (as compared to when it first was introduced).  As tikibar said, it's not limited to VZW customers, I text with friends and family on several carriers.  Even group messaging seems to be working decently.

I have also switched it off and used the stock messaging, but I've gone back to Messages +; I've gotten used to it and I like that I can text from the tablet as well as the phone, and all the messages are accessible on both.

0 Likes