Galaxy S5 lock screen
gmorg

How do you enter your pin on the Galaxy S5 lock screen when you forget your pattern ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S5 lock screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmorg,

Oh my! I understand you need to have access to your phone as soon as possible. Since there is no way to unlock the phone without the lock password you established, a factory reset will be needed; here are the steps http://vz.to/1jIt7CN .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's ensure you're able to get back into your device, gmorg! If you forget, then try to open the lock pattern, up to 5 times. So that it will display a notification “You have incorrectly drawn your unlock pattern 5 times. Please try again in 30 Seconds”. After waiting for 30 seconds, there will be available option “forgot pattern”. It’s usually located at the bottom of your android screen. Then please select / tap on that forgotten password.After that, a new page will appear and ask you to enter your email id and password. For your information that email id and password is coming from when you used to register your device before.
Once you enter the email id and password, then click on the reset button to reset the lock pattern and if successful, then there will be an option to create a new key pattern lock and at the same time the unlock Pattern Code.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gmorg

I get no notification message after 5 wrong pattern trys.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gmorg,

Oh my! I understand you need to have access to your phone as soon as possible. Since there is no way to unlock the phone without the lock password you established, a factory reset will be needed; here are the steps http://vz.to/1jIt7CN .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
gmorg

thanks - but not locked out - just testing to see how many of the Samsung

features work per documentation - somewhat disappointing.

0 Likes