Re: Galaxy S5 Bluetooth issue after Lollipop update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad you are being proactive and trying to get your bluetooth connected to your car! Are you able to get connected on another bluetooth headset? Can you please go through all these http://vz.to/1B2TmxJ steps and advise of outcome.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Giantbear
Enthusiast - Level 2

safe mode still produces the same issues and my wife's phone works fine with the car.  The manager in your service department told me all my issues ARE related to the upgrade and they are waiting on a patch, which apparently exists for other s5 devices

0 Likes
MichaelR
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issues you are.  My contacts no longer sync to my cars bluetooth. I also am a software tester for a living and the radios i test wont sync contacts on my s5 anymore after the update.  I also have a few apps that keep crashing after the update.  The update is pretty much useless.

cleveralias
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issues. Bluetooth seems to go in and out

ray_p1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried safe mode aND issue still persists

0 Likes
diamalt

After the upgrade my phone is now taking longer to connect, does not send song data to the receiver and the connection is unstable. I've tried deleting the profile and recreating, removing the phone from the pair list in the car, repairing, etc with no luck. Looking forward to a patch to get this functionality back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

diamalt,

I totally understand where you're coming from. I use Bluetooth in my car all the time for music, I'd want to know what's going on as well. What car make and model do you have? Have you checked with the manufacturer to ensure it's compatible with the new update? Please clarify what you mean when you say the connection is unstable? What features work when you connect it?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
cleveralias
Enthusiast - Level 2

let's drop the pretense of trying to troubleshoot an issue we already know the cause of. Google releases the patch 5.0.1 for overheating and battery life issues resulting from 5.0. (my phone is burning up in my hand right now)

And 5.0.2 fixes Bluetooth issues.

the question isn't if your car is compatible with Android (ridiculous condescending question). The question is when is Verizon going to release the updates that solve all these problems.

ray_p1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any updates to this? It is obviously an issue with the build and bluetooth and not Vehicle or Vehicle radio.

I am sure all of us did not have this issue while running KitKat.

diamalt

I have a 2014 Honda Pilot. Been using bluetooth for calls and streaming music from my S5. Before the update it was working great; no skips, no interruptions, song metadata on-screen. After the update I do not get the song data anymore, it takes at least twice as long for the phone to connect after starting the car, and the connection is unstable (the music will be playing, then will stop for a second, then continue). I remember that it had this same type of unstable connection a year ago when I first got the phone, but then after an OTA update that addressed bluetooth connectivity, it was working perfect.

Yes I have contacted Honda Support and they assured me that the car will display any information it receives and that the issue must be with the data that is being (or not being) sent from the handset.

0 Likes